No announcement yet.

Why?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could it be possible that its the female side that causes it to twist,..... rather than wiggle or does the wiggle come from that side too
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Penellype View Post
      Both - worms are hermaphrodite.
      Originally posted by rary View Post
      I wonder if they argue with themselves
      Originally posted by rary View Post
      Could it be possible that its the female side that causes it to twist,..... rather than wiggle or does the wiggle come from that side too
      I remember learning in junior school that worms could be both Mummy and Daddy and they wriggle up against each other to make baby worms.
      Happy to share

PS This is pitched at the right level for my education.........http://extension.illinois.edu/worms/anatomy/index.html
      Last edited by veggiechicken; 26-01-2017, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
        I remember learning in junior school that worms could be both Mummy and Daddy and they wriggle up against each other to make baby worms.
        Happy to share

PS This is pitched at the right level for my education.........My Beginning and End | The Adventures of Herman the Worm | U of I Extension
        But.........isn't that how everybody.......................nope going now before something rude appears.
        I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Originally posted by fishpond View Post
          How do they breathe through their skin, if it is moist, also coated with a thin layer of mucas?
          is the mucas porous?
          In order for the oxygen in the air to get through a membrane into the body it has to dissolve in water. By itself water evaporates very quickly so the membrane (lungs in us, skin in worms) would quickly dry out if it was simply coated with water. Mucus dries out much less quickly, allowing the membrane to remain constantly wet so that the oxygen can dissolve and be transported into the bloodstream. Isn't nature clever
          A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Have you been reading about Herman the Worm too, Penellype?

How I Breathe | The Adventures of Herman the Worm | U of I Extension

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
              This is pitched at the right level for my education.........My Beginning and End | The Adventures of Herman the Worm | U of I Extension
              That's great VC, ideal for teaching children........... now if only I could understand it
              Last edited by rary; 26-01-2017, 08:00 PM.
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X