Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pricked out 8 spring cabbage seedlings into 9cm pots.
    He-Pep!

Comment

Originally posted by bario1 View Post
      Pricked out 8 spring cabbage seedlings into 9cm pots.
      Spring Cabbage?..................is not a little late to be pricking them out?
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Yep, they were sown a bit late... but they're looking healthy enough so i figure it can't hurt to grow them on and see what happens, I'm sure they'll make spring greens at least.
        He-Pep!

Comment

They may grow into summer cabbages if left long enough.
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------
          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
          -----------------------------------------------------------
          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Finally bagged the last of my self saved seeds.
            Tidied my spare room downstairs and set up my heated propagators (Yes I have gone from 0-3 in a year, this will be fun )
            Got some compost in to warm up so I can sow over the weekend.
            Sat my Lady C spuds out for chitting that arrived today.
            Potted up some pretty coloured willow cuttings.

Comment

Originally posted by bario1 View Post
              Yep, they were sown a bit late... but they're looking healthy enough so i figure it can't hurt to grow them on and see what happens, I'm sure they'll make spring greens at least.
              I never get hearted spring cabbage in spring. It's usually June or July before they start to heart up. I plant closely and take every alternate one as spring greens though!
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Finished sorting out one of the raspberry beds - loads if ground elder unfortunately. Got rid of half the canes and replanted the best at a decent spacing. Will be mulching lots with grass clippings to supress weeds this year.

checked the propogater - as well as the leaf celery one of the aji dedo De mocha is coming through - yay! Going to get some compost in to warm up to sow aubergines this week.
                Another happy Nutter...

Comment

The tomato plants in the back garden have long since gone, but the spent compost & coir in the 20 square flower buckets was taken to Spencer Road Allotment Plot 23B to be used as a soil conditioner for beds 2 & 3

Attached Files
                  Last edited by Cadalot; 15-01-2017, 08:00 AM.
                  sigpic
                  . .......Man Vs Slug
                  Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                  Nutters Club Member

Comment

Just back from Lidl with my thermometer - thanks for the heads up Cadders - seems a nice bit of kit for £2.99
                    Thought I'd got a dodgy unit at first as it wouldn't do anything - then I realised the AA battery that it came with had its own shrink wrapping...
                    I should go to the plot for an hour or two of digging and tidying but I don't think I'm in the mood. I might play with some seeds in the shed at home instead.
                    sigpic
                    1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

Planted garlic pods, ginger. Bought grow light, kitchen compost caddy.

Comment

Sowed some hot lemon chillis and some toms - see if they can get going in a propagator in the shed - sounds like it might get colder as the week progresses so will be interesting to see if the microclimate works out...
                        Dismantled guinea-pig cage (sniff) and added much sawdust/hay/carrot/salad and g-p poop to the compost bins.
                        sigpic
                        1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

Planted my cherry tree out on the plot.
                          He-Pep!

Comment

More general tidying and maintenance, first sign of life from the plot! - my pot of peas are up and off, no sign of the broad beans though.

...meanwhile my big ol apple tree got a big ol haircut. Its looking much better. Silly me forgot to take an after photo though. doh!

Comment

I had a tidyup session in my tunnel and on the
                              plot. Even had a bonfire. Car said it was 15c up here

Comment

Had a go at tin work and fabricated a new rain cover for the new log burner i fit this weekend in my mates shed.
                                When you have a hammer in your hand everything around you starts looking like a nail.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X