• Time
  • Show
Clear All

# 29
    Help me, Rhonda
    Help, help me, Rhonda
    Help me, Rhonda
    Help, help me, Rhonda…
    Last edited by Greenleaves; 07-01-2017, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Managed to dprnd some time in the garden this afternoon. Cut back all the dead leaves from my strawberry plants.
      Cut back a lot of the old dead foliage from my dahlias as the dsffodils and polyanthus are coming up underneath them.
      Pulled out the few weeds growing around my garlic plants.
      Did a bit more tidying in the greenhouse.
      It was great to be back out in the garden doing bits and pieces.
      Didnt even need a jacket it was so mild.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
        # 29
        Help me, Rhonda
        Help, help me, Rhonda
        Help me, Rhonda
        Help, help me, Rhonda…
        How did you remember that?
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
        -----------------------------------------------------------
        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Certainly was mild, I was on the plot for a couple of hours this afternoon in my t-shirt - at the start of January? Hoed over my Kale bed and sprinkled over some wood ash. Planted up a few more bags of bulbs for the asparagus bed border. Trialled some roof tiles I found for retaining the inner 'keyhole' circle of said asparagus bed - looks like it could be a winner!
          Back at home I weeded the 'herb garden' and planted the narcissus bulbs I was given for Xmas. Also cut back last year's raspberry canes and tied in this year's growth.
          Altogether a very productive day.
          He-Pep!

Comment

Bit of tidying up and rearranging stuff, and finally managed to get rid of the old "everbearer" strawberry plants. These have never been any good, having been bought as an unnamed variety from a garden centre. They were shoved together in a couple of 5 litre pots about 4 years ago and have been on the "ditch" list ever since as the strawberries they produced were hard and flavourless. I now have 2 nice empty pots for things which can go near the front fence, and there are 5 fewer vine weevil larvae in my garden
            A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
              How did you remember that?
              My kids watched it sooo many times when it first came out

Comment

First visit to the allotment this year! I went to tidy out the shed (a tip!) which I did and no, I did not find Lord Lucan or the Ark of the Covenant, but I did find several extremely large spiders! Eeek! And a watering can that I thought I had lost

Then the sun came out and blue sky was visible! Yay! So I hammered in a stake and tethered a Katy apple tree that was trying really hard to get horizontal. And I did a bit of therapeutic digging on my paths

Comment

Dredged a few feet of the drainage trench round my asparagus bed, and lined with old fertiliser bags, filled with 6" or so of gravel, and topped with some pre-prepared bags of Spring bulbs (some already shooting!)
                  He-Pep!

Comment

Clearly we've had gales overnight, as the plot was looking pretty battered this morning. Had to reconstruct my mesh tunnel and close all the lids on the compost bins. Dug out the last of the parsnips for tonight's dinner.
                    He-Pep!

Comment

bario you're doing well - we still have gales now!

Comment

I've removed the debris netting from my brassicas mostly because i have to dismantle it to harvest anything. Not sure why but I don't have problems with pigeons they sit of the roof ridge but thats about it.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Yeah, we still have Gales too. Had to pop one of my growhouse metal frames back together as the wind has pulled them out of their fixings. Was going to cut some wood for my log burner in the garage today but with the weather being the way it is, Ive decided to give it a miss until the it calms down a bit.

Comment

I was thinking my swede have got nice thick stems,they might be big,but that was the actual swede so I pulled out two swedes 1.5 x 1 inch,I found 3 usable potatoes underneath (must've missed them when harvesting) also harvested more Brussels sprouts to clear the bed,they're now frozen & I've chopped up my Christmas tree & covered the soil.

Comment

Sown chilli seeds and brushed snow off my tunnels

Comment

Went to wilko today and came home with early seed pots, Anya and Kestrel, presently sat chitting on the bedroom windowsill.

Aaaaand double blue cornflower seeds, it wasn't my fault, they jumped in on their own!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X