Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Put net cage up again ,it will never be the same .

Comment

• Not a lot as precious day without children and with OH. did get old pots out of gh, chucked the weeds and put the spent compost over part of the veg plot. Started cutting back last year crocosmia - didn't have the heart to do it earlier as all the little birds liked to sit in it over winter.
      Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• Originally posted by Deano's "Diggin It" View Post
        "Doris" took me a "Quater Light" out which I found! So think I gotta way much scot free!
        Said it all along BM! "Quality in Build"
        "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• I don't think Doris was that bothered what the quality was like yesterday.
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------
          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
          -----------------------------------------------------------
          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Originally posted by sparrow100 View Post
            Went up to the plot for a couple of hours pottering in the greenhouse. It feels SO GOOD to be sowing seeds and dabbling around in there. Bright sunshine, t-shirt weather (inside) and 35 modules of chitted broad beans are now ready to grow away. Repotted the pink-flowering rosemary, caraway, some strawberries and tidied up the raspberry canes. Bliss!

And then emptied all my tools out of the shed into my car since the thieves are out and about on allotment plots near us again. B*ggers!
            Feeling that one Sparrow

Comment

• Found that Storm Doris had whipped the lids of two of the composters, so had a scout round to recover those. Surpised that the soon-to-be-redundant shed escaped unscathed (er - it always looks like this ).........

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170226_124455.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	2371255

..... and is being replaced by this storage bench. Until I have it in it's permanent resting spot, I'm taking no chances with any other storms this week!

Name:	20170226_124500.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	2371256

Dug some Carolus spuds from last year - utterly perfect despite sitting in the soggy ground over winter. All my first and second earlies were slugged to heck and gone, so this is defo one to grow again.

Name:	20170226_202407.jpg
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	2371257

Comment

• Weeded and cut back more flower beds...getting there......
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Digging & Weeding Bed 6 and clearing the greenhouse & decanting three sacks of coffee into containers with lids and moving out to the extension on the side of the shed

Name:	2017-02-25 Bed 6  - S.jpg
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	2371262

Name:	2017-02-26 Little House Coffee - S.jpg
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	2371263
                  sigpic
                  . .......Man Vs Slug
                  Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                  Nutters Club Member

Comment

• What's the coffee for, Cad? You a bit of a caffeine fiend?
                    He-Pep!

Comment

• Sunday, managed a trip to the plot.
                      Transplanted some all year round cabbage from the nursery bed. Set seed for the broad bean replacements (last years flowered pre frost so had no hope). Moved some self set Chard to give a nice bed and planted red and white onion sets.
                      Still some green tips on brassicas which were tasty for dinner. Netted the cabbage and onion sets.

Felt good about getting something started at last. The seeds planted last weekend in the leccy proporgators are all showing too, which is nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by bario1 View Post
                        What's the coffee for, Cad? You a bit of a caffeine fiend?

Our Grounds for Grounds Project

At Costa we make the most of every one of our coffee beans. That’s why through the Costa Grounds for Grounds project, customers can come into our stores to request our used coffee grounds for free.

These grounds can bring your garden to life either as a natural plant fertiliser or to create a naturally balanced compost pile. We hear they are great for fending off snails and slugs too!

Pop in to store now to request your grounds and watch your garden flourish!

Environmental Responsibility | Costa Coffee

How to Use Coffee Grounds in Your Garden
                        How to Use Coffee Grounds in Your Garden: 9 Steps (with Pictures)
                        Last edited by Jonny.D; 28-02-2017, 04:20 PM.

Comment

• Planted the last of the bulbs that have been lurking about festering

Comment

• Not a lot done today as it was too cold. Managed to pick up some free timber.
                            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

• Originally posted by bario1 View Post
                              What's the coffee for, Cad? You a bit of a caffeine fiend?
                              Oh yes and another benefit is that slug and snails hate it so a little barrier goes around the plant to protect and it fertilises as well, what I call a win win, plus I get high in the summer when I have trays of it drying in the greenhouse at the allotment. Alans Allotment: Coffee Grounds
                              Last edited by Cadalot; 28-02-2017, 05:12 PM.
                              sigpic
                              . .......Man Vs Slug
                              Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                              Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Originally posted by Cadalot View Post
                                Oh yes and another benefit is that slug and snails hate it so a little barrier goes around the plant to protect and it fertilises as well, what I call a win win, plus I get high in the summer when I have trays of it drying in the greenhouse at the allotment. Alans Allotment: Coffee Grounds
                                Due to it's acidic properties, it's also a useful addition to Blueberry bushes.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X