The Seed Sowing Thread - 2017

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made a start:
    Tomatoes - Black Cherry, Tigerella, Red Pear Madiera, Principe Borghese (for sun-dried), Cuor Di Bue. Roma, Red Cherry and good old Gardener's Delight.
    African Marigold, Hollyhock and sunflowers.
    Onion, PSB and Cabbage - Golden Acre, Derby Day and Negra (red).
    Yay!
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Wait for it......................wait for it...................................I only went and did it..........................15 broad beans (Robin Hood) in large square planters all comfy AND labelled.
      Last edited by Lumpy; 08-03-2017, 02:49 PM.
      I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Well done Lumpy & Flo I've just sowed 13 gourmet sweet peppers & 2 pots of petunia purple velvet they're all under my fish tank light & a tray of 40 sunburst French marigolds on the bathroom windowsill.
        Last edited by Jungle Jane; 07-03-2017, 04:04 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bario1 View Post
          Some Nantes carrots.
          In the ground ?

Does the soil need warming first, or can I just stick them straight in now ?

Comment

• Sown some basil seeds. Hoping for a really good strong plant like last year.

It's a fantastic companion for tomatoes, both in the garden and on the plate

Comment

• Sown today
              Chives
              and some flowers for the lotty when i get it next month
              Shasia daisy
              Larkspur
              poach egg plant.

Comment

• Ms-T, I'm guessing you're growing the Poached Egg plants as great companions for the chillies?

I allowed my Poached Eggs to self seed in the green house in autumn 2016 and they've thrived and overwintered very well

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris11 View Post
                  Ms-T, I'm guessing you're growing the Poached Egg plants as great companions for the chillies?

I allowed my Poached Eggs to self seed in the green house in autumn 2016 and they've thrived and overwintered very well
                  I did not know they was a good companions for chillis ..thanks for that i will now put some in the g/h.

Comment

• Leeks in deep foam packing have gone in today between showers and the Drawing & Calculations for a Kitchen Dining Room knock through. I've also bought a second LED hydroponics Light Panel as I'm going to get two slightly larger plastic boxes and stack them.
                    Last edited by Cadalot; 08-03-2017, 02:52 PM.
                    sigpic
                    . .......Man Vs Slug
                    Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                    Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Originally posted by Ms-T View Post
                      I did not know they was a good companions for chillis ..thanks for that i will now put some in the g/h.
                      They attract hoverflies, which are both pollinating insects and voracious predators of the pesky aphids

Comment

• So far this month...
                        Carrot Nantes Frubund under a cloche outside.
                        Spinach Red Vein ditto.
                        Turnip Atlantic ditto.
                        Namenia, Pak Choi and Provencale salad mix in self watering pots outside.
                        Cabbage Hispi and Lettuce mix in the propagator.
                        A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• Ifv the weather stays fine this weekend, I think i'll put my growhouses up and start my Brassicas and some carrots.

Comment

• More frosts for us, no seeds planted apart from Chillies in the house, small plastic tunnel is up warming the "roots" raised bed, but I will wait for a bit before anything goes in yet.

Comment

• Big sowing session here while Himself is away. There's compost on the coffee table...Lots of tomatoes, some resown chillies and flaaaaaahs!
                              http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

• Third sowing of marigolds, the first two lots just disappeared! New seed this time, so fingers crossed.
                                He-Pep!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X