No announcement yet.

The Seed Sowing Thread - 2017

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calendula and Dahlia seeds - that's C &D http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...flowers-4.html

Comment

Have now sowed the basil (for microgreens) and 2 Shirley tomatoes (to go under lights and will eventually live on the sitting room windowsill).
      A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Sowed A - African Marigold, B - Blue Cornflower, C - Calendula Citrus Cocktail, D - Dahlia Sunny Reggae

Comment

I've sowed nothing as I've got no compost yet. Ill be buying some later this month then I can start the chillies and leeks.

Comment

Inspired by the simple DIY of Nicos, I've just put some cayenne, california wonder and friggitello pepper seeds in moist kitchen roll, in Gu ramekins, inside a curry take-away container on top of the radiator...

Comment

Well in the H/P is...2 seeds of each..is..Chillies

Biquinho yellow
              Goronong yellow
              Cajamarca
              Pasilla Bajio
              Trir colour variegata
              Purple jalapeno
              Lemon drop
              Fish
              Akhabar
              Red Manzano
              Black naga
              Turbo x albertos the cross's i really liked them last year and you can grow them out side.

Comment

The seed sowing thread - 2017

I've bought the seed compost, sorted the seeds, washed off the propagator (window-sill not heated) but need to sort out the actual containers to use which I think, are at the allotment. All warming up and should be sowing my onion seed in the next couple of days.

Comment

E - Eryngium Alpinum 'Superbum' a tray of about 20 seeds on the bathroom windowsill...

Comment

I've sown two varieties of pepper, possibly overly early but they'll be staying indoors anyway and I'd like the time for a 2nd (3rd, 4th...) try if need be. Taking advantage of the cold snap to set them on top of a radiator.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosemary7391 View Post
                      I've sown two varieties of pepper, possibly overly early but they'll be staying indoors anyway and I'd like the time for a 2nd (3rd, 4th...) try if need be. Taking advantage of the cold snap to set them on top of a radiator.
                      Pop ove to the chilli and pepper thread 2017 Rosemary

Comment

E = Echinacea "Red Cone"

Comment

You lot have got me itching to get sowing now.. going to wash a few pots, grab some soil and get sowing a few onion bedfordshire champion and leeks musselburgh and lyon 2, never done either.. eek!

Comment

It's Onion all over.

Today I showed:

Seeds of Onion Golden Bear F1
                            Onion Santero F1
                            And Banana Shallot Zebrune..... 1st time trying these.

The onions will hopefully be my pickled onions later in the season.

Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Yesterday
                              F= Francoa Sonchifolia "Pink Giant"
                              Today
                              G= Galanthus Elwesii (Snowdrop)

Comment

F - Foxglove Primrose Carousel G - Godetia Thoroughly Modern Millie both in pots covered with cling film under the fish tank light.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X