No dig gardening

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rary View Post
    Sadly yes I have flatworms, the only advice I can give is how to catch them, keep a small area in your garden damp and cover with a piece of black plastic, e.g. a bin bag, check every day and if you are unfortunate to find one place in a small container anything that will a low you to pour some vinegar over it and leave it to dissolve apparently if you try to kill them by cutting them in half you finish up with two, and be careful when handling, they can give a caustic burn if you have sensitive skin
    Thanks for the tip on how to try and catch them. I've so far found two on my plot and have taken the route I take with all pesky beasties. Pop it on the road and give it a good stamp.

Comment

Originally posted by katkatkat View Post
      Thanks for the tip on how to try and catch them. I've so far found two on my plot and have taken the route I take with all pesky beasties. Pop it on the road and give it a good stamp.
      So if each bit turns into a new flatworm - how many bits do you stomp them into?

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
      ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
      ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

What!? They turn in to new worms? How!?! There was nothing left of it? I'm guessing the one that we drove over with the car at least won't have regenerated.

Seriously? What sort of crazy mutant is this!?

[Edit: Having read back, clearly I am not awake today ]
        Last edited by katkatkat; 18-03-2017, 06:08 PM.

Comment

I have flatworms as well. I knew they were around but while clearing the greenhouse from last year's growth I found them under pots and growbags. Chickens have eaten them,hope the girls will be fine?

Comment

Originally posted by coreopsis View Post
            I have flatworms as well. I knew they were around but while clearing the greenhouse from last year's growth I found them under pots and growbags. Chickens have eaten them,hope the girls will be fine?
            What are you expecting?, flat eggs ready to go into a nice tasty toastie..

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X