X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jay-ell View Post
    Simples - Plant, don't pick, harvest at end
    Exactly, no further plan needed

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Simples - Plant, don't pick, harvest at end
      Originally posted by Alison View Post
      Exactly, no further plan needed
      Sounds a bit complicated to me

Thanks - I shall have a tucked-away row and leave them to get on with it. Simple! Don't know what all the fuss was about

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
        Don't know what all the fuss was about
        Course now you can get sucked into the different shapes and colours, which is what I like most about them. They are so purty...black ones, red and white ones, speckled ones, big ones, little ones...need I say more?

I got over 3kg this year, which will keep us in Sparrow Towers tooting away merrily till spring

http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

I have found its been a particularly good year for beans generally, both dried and fresh. Good times!

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Comment

Had over 8lbs of dried beans this year - black ones, white ones, black and white ones, brown, red & brown, speckled and red ones. That's one 8x4 bed. Also ate quite a few fresh beans and had to harvest early as the supports collapsed and I had a tangled mess.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
            ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
            ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Am I allowed to set us off on a small tangent and ask which are your favourites?
              http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

Of course - 'cos I'm curious too.
                Jay-ell will probably say the red speckled ones

Comment

It's the black and white ones - I'm from Newcastle after all.

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                  ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                  ― Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Are they the ones like little Whales (not Big Wales)?

Comment

The Ying Yang or Orca beans - they're a dwarf bean. Or I could just mix Cobra and Blue Lake in the same jar

I do like Borlotto and Runner Beans. Very nice in stews and soups.

― Thomas A. Edison

― Thomas A. Edison

Comment

Finally yesterday I ended up with two tomato trays worth of Scarlet Emperor runner beans, which will be decanted into a number of other trays and left on top of the fridge freezer next to the airbrick to dry out before bagging up and sending into the Pea & Bean circle.
                        Attached Files
                        sigpic
                        . .......Man Vs Slug
                        Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                        Nutters Club Member

Comment

I do like Borlotto and Runner Beans. Very nice in stews and soups.
                          Borlottis beans are French beans grown for the seeds, no idea why they have a different name

Comment

I grow climbing Borlotti beans just for drying, must grow more next year as they've already all been eaten...
                            Apparently they freeze well too but I haven't had the chance to try it yet.

Comment

Try these VC
                              Lablab bean
                              This beautiful climbing plant (up to 2m) is also known as the Hyacinth bean. It has edible pods and seeds: you can either pick the young pods and cook them whole or leave them to mature for sliced beans or leave them even longer for dried beans. The leaved are purple tinged and give this plant an ornamental quality as well. The flowers are perfumed and can be purple, red, pink or white! You will have to wait and see. A wonderful choice Price for 30 seeds

Write up taken From m0re veg website.

Comment

I grow Scarlet Emperor runners and Serbian pole beans, the runner are eaten as green beans then later left for eating/freezing and seed beans, with the Serbian ones grown just for saving/ eating they're a pretty bean that remind me of birds eggs.
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X