No announcement yet.

Can someone help?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you slice it very thinly you could use it as garnish for your fish and tatties.
    When you have a hammer in your hand everything around you starts looking like a nail.

Comment

Originally posted by Root66 View Post
      Order a take-away!
      We have just had a take away
      Carrie

Comment

Its growing on my neighbours plot. But its trailing over on my plot and up the back. I found it on the floor at the back. He dont speak english and he is hardly ever on so i didnt want to leave it and let it rot.
        Carrie

Comment

No point in wasting it You'll have to save some seeds and try growing it yourself next summer.....if it tasted ok, that is
          If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

Did you try it Carrie?

Comment

Nope, not tried it yet. What can I make with it?
              Carrie

Comment

Carrie just bite a bit chew and spit out,just to see what it resembles,is it solid like a squash,or on the mushy side,the seeds certainly look like squash

Shark Fin Melon - Harvesting and Tasting!! (Cucurbita Ficifolia ...
                Video for shark fin melon▶ 3:02
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN0cGkVYZaY
                4 Jun 2015 - Uploaded by Loving Nature Mum
                So If you've never heard of shark fin melon, this video will show you how it grows, what it looks and tastes ...

have a look at this,see if it resembles yours,just to put that one to bed,from what i can see from your pic,it is not,lots off ways to use squash,roast,stire fry,jam,pickle,chutney,simply add flavour of your choice,
                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Could it be a member of the Marrow family? Is it very watery?

Carrie - if in doubt stuff it with a veggie or meat mince, wrap it in tin foil and bake it in the oven.
                  Marrows (in my opion) do not have very good skins as they are very thich and tough.
                  I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Originally posted by cariann88 View Post
                    Nope, not tried it yet. What can I make with it?
                    A hat?

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                      A hat?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]69343[/ATTACH]
                      That's a silly idea

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                      ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                      ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

if thats the rout ti's going down,stuff with cotton wool for ear defender

put in compost and grow somat in the halves
                        Last edited by lottie dolly; 13-10-2016, 08:21 PM.
                        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

^^^ So Melons - or was it a Squash?

(Lottie, you snuck in while I was posting! I need to be clear, I was referring to Jay-ell's Melons, not Lottie Dolly's)
                          Last edited by veggiechicken; 13-10-2016, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                            ^^^ So Melons - or was it a Squash?

(Lottie, you snuck in while I was posting! I need to be clear, I was referring to Jay-ell's Melons, not Lottie Dolly's)
                            Judging by the photo I think it was both.

Same material as your hat

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                            ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                            ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

Just catching up on here.
                              .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

It is a squash.

Oooo I like your idea Lottie about growing something in the empty half's of the squashes.
                                Carrie

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X