No announcement yet.

Keeping busy over winter

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahh, I'm a Northerner at heart, and I work better in the cold. Winter is the time for big projects, so long as the ground isn't too frozen. This year I'm re-making the beds on half of my plot. In summer it's far too easy to get distracted and spend time sitting and watching the birds, but when it's chilly, digging is much more appealing for me!

Bring a flask of cocoa and get on wi' it!
    My spiffy new lottie blog

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
      In winter I retire to the Pub.
      Jimmy
      If this doesn't make the GYO mag - then I'm never buying it again.

Only joking - I will really
      .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

I'm a sad soul. My plot is so tidy it's toe curling. The thing is MOH is very untidy at home but on the allotment...I don't have that problem. No abandoned socks,clothes magazines on the floor!!
        Just waiting for the local college to deliver a load of manure that I'll cover my smaller soil poor plot with.
        and sowing green manures ( any one else doing that?) putting anything I can find that's compost worthy
        and making trenches in my beds to put it in. Ooh must buy some strawberry plants too.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X