Roots, Shoots, Fruits and Leaves!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VC's Perpetual Planting Planner (PPP)

Every year I buy a Diary, I write in it for a couple of weeks then stuff it away somewhere obscure. Every year, I write the same things in it during those few weeks when the New year's enthusiasm grips me by the wattle.
    With my Under Development PPP I won't need a Diary, it will be the same plan every year.

Shall I confuse you by trying to explain it?

The 4 week Roots, Shoots, Fruits and Leaves sowing cycle (read all previous posts on this thread for an explanation) has 13, 4 week "months" in every year.
    All weeks start on a Monday. therefore each "year" also starts on a Monday. In 2020 the "year" starts on 6th January and that will be the first day of Roots week, 13th Jan is the start of Shoots week, 20th = Fruits and 27th = Leaves.

The date doesn't matter - just that its a Monday.
    Every Monday is Seed Sowing day
    Every Tuesday is Chooks Day and Fruit
    Wednesday is for Weeds
    Thursday is T'Herbsday and Thinning/Transplanting
    Friday is for Flowers and Feeding
    Saturday is Catching up
    Sunday is Sorting seeds for sowing on Monday.

My PPP will be a looseleaf Ring Binder with 13 Divisions, each containing 4 pages (Roots, Shoots, Fruits and Leaves).
    Each "month" I'll record what I've sown and not much else.

It makes sense to me, but, as usual, I'm sure I'm the only one.
    Last edited by veggiechicken; 01-10-2019, 05:50 PM. Reason: adding Fruity Tuesday

Comment

• Makes perfect sense to me VC Perhaps if I'd followed a plan like this with allocated days for certain tasks my allotment wouldn't have become an out-of-control jungle!

At least once I have my chickens I'll HAVE to pop up to the plot every day to feed & check them over so cannot make excuses like ''oh I'll go to the allotment tomorrow''

I've also been meaning to keep a diary of what jobs I do, when things need done again, seeds sown etc etc.....will get myself a ring binder and some paper on pay day on Friday and make a start!
      If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

• Just reading this and your 28 bed plan for 2020 VC - all sounds very logical to me (maybe my ancestors were chickens ) but what do you do about permanent stuff like soft fruit etc, presume those are separate?
        All at once I hear your voice
        And time just slips away
        Bonnie Raitt

Comment

• Fruit trees/bushes are looked over on Fruity Tuesdays and, whenever they're in the bed I'm sorting.
          Last edited by veggiechicken; 07-02-2020, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X