No announcement yet.

picking chillis etc

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the moment I have quite a few chillies but only one habanero that's turning orange.

I'm just leaving the rest of them to ripen on the plants until the last minute.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
    ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
    ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

The banana method is that a banana with skin or without.
      I might try to take some green chillis of. I have about 20 and take just 3 to give it a go.

Comment

Think I might of let them dry out to much!!!

These ones were left in a brown bag no banana.
        The bag with the banana it's a mixture some dry and some nice, red and ripen. The ripen ones go in the freezer and maybe just enough to make something with them.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jacks10 View Post
          Think I might of let them dry out to much!!!

These ones were left in a brown bag no banana.
          The bag with the banana it's a mixture some dry and some nice, red and ripen. The ripen ones go in the freezer and maybe just enough to make something with them.
          You could dry them out completely (in an oven) and crush them with a mortar and pestle for chilli flakes or use a grinder to make your own chilli powder..
          I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
          sigpic

Comment

They don't look to have gone mouldy although if some areas have gone black you should cut those bits off. But a bit wrinkled is no problem. I would still use them in cooking if I were you.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X