No announcement yet.

Best time to start chillies

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jalapeņo should be a staple SP for back up when the superhots take ages. They really are much quicker to fruit. I'll take a pic of mine later.

Comment

[QUOTE=Small pumpkin;1480453]How do you manage that??? Tell me your secret. The only things I've got producing ripe chilli's are a white and a chocolate habanero and filius blue. That's because I brought them already in 1/2lt pots at a show in March. Everything else is producing nicely but not started ripening yet. At this rate I'm not going to have a chilli selection for the VVS!!![/QUOTE

they go into the back, northfacing greenhouse, polycarbonate walls, clear corrugated plastic roof and southside brick wall, which seems loads warmer than the glass house, I reckon the warmth of the brick wall at night keeps them growing stronger/faster than they do in a glass structure, OH gave away a carrier bag full of mixed chillies/peppers the other day, we have 2 mini chilli types giving fruit about 40mm approx., and about 150+ fruits ripening nicely, I suppose you just crush them and bung them in whatever you are cooking..so loads of tasty hot meals to look forward to this winter....see "successes" on feeling fruity for a view of warm greenhouse..
      Last edited by BUFFS; 04-09-2016, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X