Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KevinM67 View Post
    Yep, Susie - that's my thinking also.

Taking Trip's original post - I really like the idea of a diary/reference journal for the things I grow (or want to grow).

Obviously this would include such things as seed name, date of sowing, soil prep, weather conditions, harvest date, etc. But also the facility to add pictures, Web links, recipes - you get the idea.

However, the main requisite would be the ease of the search (and comparison) function - thus creating my own little reference library.
    Yes Kevin ~ exactly all of that...!

I've been on this Vine for over 12 months now, and I'm sure I'm I don't make the best use of it - I'm not at all tech smart and just find things out as I go along....

A journal type reference tool would be great - as I know I've asked for help/questions/ideas etc etc and don't know where/how to find them at a later date - and it must be irritating to be asked the same things again..! (One example springs to mind: onion braiding/plaiting which I'd asked about 12 months ago ~ and BM kindly put up the thread again .......)

So shall be watching this space!
    ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
    a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
    - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

Thank you Marie..!
      - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

OK folks..Glad this thread is of interest to a few...I am relatively tech-savvy so that is not too much of an issue for me...To check if Susie and Kevin are on same path as me,I want to be able make posts with photos and narrative and search them later..

Anyway I am up and running on Blogger so If u like I can be a guinea pig of sorts...So you can make your blog private or viewable to certain defined people if u don't want it to be public...As you post you add labels that are then searchable later...Susie and Kevin, I can send you a pm with my blog so far which was done in less than an hour if u want a look..

I think its the best solution for me at present, albeit only using for a matter of hours so far
        I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
        sigpic

Comment

Thank you Trip ~ I'd like to have a peep at what you've done so far please..!
          - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

You've reminded me that I have 2 Blogs on Blogger. Haven't posted on them for a couple of years They were easy-ish to set up and I'm not techy savvy. My problem is I lack commitment so never keep these things going for long.
            Good luck

Comment

Personally, I use Wordpress both from my PC and from the Wordpress app on my iPad. Using tags and categories allows you to group things together and it saves all the blog entries in a by date archive. Not used blogger so I can't comment on it.

Comment

I had a diary on another forum I used to be on which was a mirror of my blogger diary and a backup just incase something happened to my blog. Unfortunately I no longer have access to it, but I do have all the photos backed up and filed away on my computer.
                sigpic
                . .......Man Vs Slug
                Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                Nutters Club Member

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X