No announcement yet.

How's 2016 been for blight for you?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple of my tomatoes have got blight. Just waiting to see how many of my 26 plants get it now.

Comment

----------so far, no blight on a packed GH with 23 tom plants (cuke, loads of chilli plants, strawberry, herbs ...)
      3 bags of Lady Christl outside, foliage dying back now, also blight free ----------
      ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
      a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
      - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

No blight here yet, but it has been mostly very dry recently. My main issue from the wet spring was blackleg on the Lady Christl potatoes. Keeping my fingers crossed for the tomatoes, with the Sungold just starting to produce. Some big crops of Ferline and Mountain Magic are still green and I am looking forward to tasting them as they are certainly looking good. No point in growing blight resistant varieties unless they taste nice though!
        A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Used to get forced to go to Sidmouth when there was folk music on - not sure if it was an official thing back in the early 80's...
          We're off to 'Beautiful Days' Beautiful Days | which is a nice mixture of styles and family friendly. Does look like my fears about the weather are going to come true (again)...
          I'll come back to blight ridden outdoor toms, dried up greenhouse stuff and blown away blow aways
          sigpic
          1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Cadalot View Post

Really not a good year for toms apart from the 100s & 1000s that have gone bonkers with flowers but still very little fruit yet. Not a single red tom from the 20 flower buckets of toms in the back garden or the ones in the greenhouses

Balders glad the 100s & 1000's have been good for you I grow them every year, how did the Red Robin do?
            Think these were from a seed circle two years ago - if I did get any red robin from you they're probably in 'the missing seed tin' - which is still missing 18 months or so after I realised it wasn't where I'd left it.
            Mrs Balders trying to push me over the edge I reckon - "gaslighting" I think its called

Anyhow the 100s n 1000s will be great if they all turn red. I've had about 5 or 6 and they were sweet as... so thanks!
            They seem to be a little bit resilient to blight... well, fingers crossed.
            sigpic

Comment

Two more posts... well, one after this .. and I get to 500!

Wonder what happens then?
              (Moist with anticipation)
              sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X