No announcement yet.

Watering in the rain

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yesterday we had a good downfall plus the previous night but I too was out there watering.
    My excuse was now the water but was full again I needed to empty it to a full can so it wouldn't overflow!!

Also my spinach(sowed end of june) I think it dried out to much as it was like Mediterranean weather the other week so probably compensating with to much water this week.

Comment

Oh yes, I always feel the daftest wandering around with the watering can in the rain. Also when I have had to use the watering can on the lawn when I've applied weed and feed and it refuses to rain for weeks.

Comment

Plenty of watering going on here too. Its really hard to tell whether compost in pots is only damp at the top or whether its wet through. I harvested some of my replanted Lady C potatoes today (they were harvested and replanted 3 weeks ago but today were showing the first signs of blackleg) and the compost was absolutely saturated. However the courgette in a pot just a couple of feet away was dry as a bone.
        A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X