No announcement yet.

Yippeeee!!!! Pumpkin!!!!!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hahaha!!! Jimmy ~ I'm loving it..!! They're simply amazing!!

I've never grown pumpkins before, and well, I don't think I've done anything special for them but they're virtually growing as I stand looking at them: I understand your fear of being 'sucked in'....!!!!!!

They have meandered up and onto the runner bean frame - which is in danger of collapse - encroached onto their 3 surrounding SFG beds .........
    They're really not fussy about where they want to grow!!
    I felt a bit mean as I had to cut a couple of lengths back - just so I can get to runners and around the other beds without fear of never being seen again.....!!!!!
    ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
    a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
    - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

Pics of my turks turban taking over my neighbours hedge and one of my babies - have lots - yay
      Attached Files
      Another happy Nutter...

Comment

As I mentioned on a previous entry in this post the pumpkin bed has gone mad.
        I can't believe the 4 innocuous plants I set out have turned into the writhing mass of tendrils, see picture "The Green Abyss". (pic 3)
        I suspect that perhaps there has been a rift in the space time continuum and some alien species has slipped through.
        To this end I decided to take my life in my hands and attempt to investigate.
        I tied a rope around my waist and secured it to a stout tree.
        And then proceeded entry into the green abyss, see picture "Entering The Abyss" and "No Turning Back" (pic 1 & 2 ).
        After a long struggle I manage to retrieve a sample of the beasts flesh and by means of my rope effected an exit. I think it was a squash!
        Jimmy
        Attached Files
        Expect the worst in life and you will probably have under estimated!

Comment

-----------Nutcase, Jimmy -------------
          - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

Found this white pumkin doing well today it's about the size of a football should be nice for the show in a couple of weeks.
            When you have a hammer in your hand everything around you starts looking like a nail.

Comment

Jimmy I hope you have recovered from your adventures into the unknown

It is great being able to play hunt the squash there is something wonderful about them, although I did catch a plant this morning trying to escape. Not sure my neighbour will appreciate that

Comment

Here's my 'big bad boy' today ~ I'm really rather proud
                Attached Files
                - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

And here he is with some of his cousins ............
                  Attached Files
                  - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

I can see Pumpkin Brownies in the pipeline...................
                    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                    -----------------------------------------------------------
                    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

---------- Indeed....!!
                      - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

Pumpkin Pride .....

Proud pumpkin update : Daddy, Mummy and baby ........
                        Attached Files
                        - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

Very nice susieG.
                          A couple of mine are just starting to ripen. It's very exciting.

Comment

Humph!...........well done - said through gritted teeth!
                            I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumpy View Post
                              Humph!...........well done - said through gritted teeth!
                              Lumpy....... I'm thinking its beginners luck ~ I just can't believe how well they seem to have thrived ....
                              (two plants grown out of 8 seeds - one perished - one given to my friend, which is also doing well & 4 amounted to nothing)

I only planted a single butternut squash plant (only one that sprouted from 6 seeds.....) and that is only just now producing little fruits. I think it was totally down to me not allowing it enough room to grow/not enough light. I'd planted other stuff far too close. I've removed some of the neighbouring plants, now it seems happier!

Watch this space.......
                              - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

It's lovely when a grower sounds like an excited expectant parent because of a veggie. Well Done
                                I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X