Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kale ravaged by tiny caterpillars - advice please!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I noticed today the moth has laid more eggs,they're on about 70% of the leaves & on both sides of the leaf laid singularly about 5 on each leaf cream coloured,in the leaf folds too,like how do they get in there? They're probably quite small.

Comment

Will these things affect tomatoes? I've noticed the diamondback moth in my polytunnel and I've got some small caterpillars what I'm not sure is whether these are diamondback or some other pest thats got through my protection.

Comment

I have found small caterpillars in my greenhouse too.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkPelican View Post
          Will these things affect tomatoes? I've noticed the diamondback moth in my polytunnel and I've got some small caterpillars what I'm not sure is whether these are diamondback or some other pest thats got through my protection.
          The tomato pest is very similar in appearance- the bright line brown eye caterpillars.

Comment

Originally posted by TeaMonsta View Post
            Well, I've certainly noticed a lot of moths. Thanks, bario1.

A quick Google (although I'd rather ask on this forum for more reliability) suggests a pesticide containing a bacteria called Bacillus Thuringiensis (or BT) to take care of the caterpillars. Any thoughts on this, anyone?
            Yes Teamonnsta, i bought some recently , the spanish version ( compo ) but the same thing , just follow the instructions given on the english ones

Totally biological, i heard about it watching Charles Dowding.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ba...hrome&ie=UTF-8
            Last edited by jackarmy; 08-08-2018, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X