No announcement yet.

Tales of woe - 2016

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just noticed my red onions have gone to seed. These were planted fairly late as onion sets. Really annoying. I leave leeks until late July to plant out as they are prime candidates to run to seed if planted earlier. On the other hand the potatoes are loving the rain and look brilliant!

Comment

So first time doing broccoli, flea beetle and bolted then I killed them so dug up
      Sweet peas just flowering - lovely
      3 pea pods
      One courgette plant yellow and all males
      One strawberry trying to turn red
      Cucumbers growing but only just put them in 2 weeks ago
      Aubergine eaten by slugs I think
      Tomatoes wanting to flower but not yet
      Lettuces growing but rocket attacked by flea beetles
      Where are are carrots,beetroots and spring onions
      Herbs taking their time
      One lots of potatoes in a small black potato bag were good other potatoes flowering and being eaten by slugs
      Flowers in front of house bed doing well, slugs getting them but not black at the moment like last year
      Violas and pansies doing well
      All mixed at moment but love more sun so the veg flowers come out to play

Comment

I sometimes click like as an expression of sympathy, a bit like on the rant thread.

Comment

Isn't growing your own good fun.................
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------
          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
          -----------------------------------------------------------
          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

I keep telling people
            "if it was easy everyone would do it"
            "where would the challenge be?"

'give me your subs give me your subs...'
            sigpic
            1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

OMG I don't have time to list everything tonight - I'll be back tomorrow

Comment

Just want to add that while weeding the plot this morning, I got sunburnt.
                And now I'm about to go to work (yes, I work nights) and it's raining. Hard.
                http://MeAndMyVeggies.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                  I sometimes click like as an expression of sympathy, a bit like on the rant thread.
                  Me too Snoop Puss, I feel their pain .....
                  ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
                  a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
                  - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

Forgot to mention my favourite mint plant died I didn't know it was even possible to kill the stuff off.
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

I have done that too Bren!

I've got no and I mean absolutely no carrots left, they have all just completely disappeared. Grew them in black flower bucket with net over too!
                      sigpic

Comment

Ant yet Monty Don always turns out perfect everything on GW. Look how healthy his veg plot is. Sickening
                        Last edited by Marb67; 20-06-2016, 08:17 AM.

Comment

...yeh Marb ....thing is he has greenhouses galore and a team of peeps working for him!

Makes you realise that single handedly we don't do too badly after all!...well some years anyway
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Monty Don, Pah, I gave up on him years ago ...... now we go over to the nursery bed to get some cabbage to plant in the brassica bed ..... puts fork in ground & teases out a perfect example, only problem was that the root ball was not 'as dug' but a perfect flowerpot shape .... if you want to emulate him, then your best bet is to buy plants from a garden centre.
                            He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Originally posted by Marb67 View Post
                              Ant yet Monty Don always turns out perfect everything on GW. Look how healthy his veg plot is. Sickening
                              I don't think he does. Last year when he planted chrysanths I felt so smug because mine were better, there have also been a couple of other things I didn't think were great. It is also not the sort of show where they are going to show failures anyway. The other night when he done bees and he said about the swarm would be rehomed straight away without observing for disease etc also put me off (although it will probably go to an experienced keeper). At the end of the day he is just another gardener giving his opinion and being a celebrity he can't be seen to have failures hence all the supporting staff you never hear of.

Comment

Oh yep...a few years back...I recall seeing him showing us an established box hedge with blight.
                                Ended up having to rip it out the following year.
                                The following week I realised my small box shrub had blight too!
                                Wouldn't have recognised it for what it was otherwise....chopped it right back as he suggested ....and yep, it survived and now looks healthy.
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X