Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salad ideas

Any idea of what I should do with these for tea
    When you have a hammer in your hand everything around you starts looking like a nail.

Are these beetroot? If yes, you could attempt a Pantzarosalata, Greek recipe. Although the recipes I find online are more like a dip. My mom's version of beetroot salad was to simply boil them, cut them in pieces, add olive oil and vinegar, salt and pepper and voila.

Comment

Yeah they are beetroot and does sound nice but what is viola
      When you have a hammer in your hand everything around you starts looking like a nail.

Comment

"Voila" is a French term which loosely translates as "there it is" (probably literally see there). Viola is a flower, like a pansy but smaller - they are edible...
        Last edited by Penellype; 13-06-2016, 03:11 PM.
        A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Excuse my French! But yeah, vinegar compliments the sweet taste of beetroot. Makes for an easy salad.

Comment

what did you do Jonny?

Comment

I do beets with lentils and feta or layered with new potatoes ala dauphinois Style or could be a roast beet beans and sp onion salad.
              Northern England.

Comment

Beetroot and goats cheese salad for me - delicious!

Comment

Originally posted by vixylix View Post
                  what did you do Jonny?
                  Just boiled the beetroot and had a warm tomato and onion salad with a beef dripping and chive dressing.

Comment

Sounds good!

Comment

When you harvest more, beetroot coconut lime soup is heavenly (not a salad but still) just gurgle for a plethora of recipes!
                      http://goneplotterin.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X