No announcement yet.

Help - I have saggy tatties!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click bait is where you end up on one of those kind-of-news websites with links on the side that say 'North Devon man share secret of million pound brassica factory' - you click on it and then have to click on another 10 links to read all the 'information' that makes up the 'story' - all the while loading 20 adverts per click...

hashtag means on social media you do something like
    #northdevonmandoesntlikebrassicas
    and then you'll get 'all' the articeles that are tagged with #northdevonmandoesntlikebrassicas

(my examples might not be the best to help you get it - possibly replace 'northdevonman' with, well, almost anything else)
    sigpic
    1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

and replace brassicas...
      sigpic
      1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumpy View Post
        My Charlottes are going really well except for one bucket where the canopy has collasped.
        I have some Duke of york that have done the same...also every time I water I have some stems that snap off the next day as if they cant hold the weight of the uptaken water.

Comment

Back to the spuds....... providing they are getting plenty of water in this weather about a gallon a day they will be fine. Leave them as they are those lovely green leaves are giving loads of energy to the plant saggy or not.
          Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Potty if they are having that much water should I liquid feed them more than the 2 weekly I have been doing?
            I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

No that should be fine, water first then feed.

If there is room in the top of the container, don't pour the water in slowly use something like a bucket so that you can get it in quickly and it spreads out over the surface, this will give an even saturation of the container.

Do make sure you have good drainage though they don't like standing in water......
              Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

Click bait is just a thread title that compels people to click on it. On another forum I'm on a fab click bait thread title was:

Passenger stole my dinner from under my nose

That's guaranteed to have people clicking on the post to see what it means.

Comment

Mine looked like that last year after they'd been mistreated while I was on holiday (in fact they looked alot worse!) - they picked up eventually after a LOT of watering

Comment

Mine always flop over the edges of the buckets, usually after flowering. I've learned to anticipate this and now put a mesh barrier across so that they don't block paths etc, but I don't worry about the floppiness.

Mine are grown in the shade and therefore are probably longer and weaker stemmed than those in full sun, and this may contribute to them flopping down, but plants grown in buckets in my friend's garden (which is much sunnier) also flop over.
                    A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Mine just flopped from the rain, I just lift them up and tie them with twine, they seem ok-ish now.

Comment

Nothing to add. Just want to see big melons next to saggy tatties in the new posts list...

Carry on.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X