Quick sweetcorn question

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cptncrackoff View Post
    They look a lot better than some I've seen scoot!

I use modules for mine. I found that when using loo rolls or even peat pots after a while the leaves do start yellowing, I think it's when the roots begin to penetrate the cardboard or peat and perhaps start drying out!?

I'd try to get them out as soon as you can though..

Mine have really strengthened up since going out!

Yeah, I need to get them out. The weather is cold and wet for the next few days so it'll have to be the weekend when I do it.

Comment

My sweetcorn is looking really nice. I just hope it survives the really low temperatures forecast for the next 2 nights!

Attached Files
      Last edited by Martin H; 24-05-2016, 11:50 PM.
      My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
      Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Planted mine out this last Sunday, no idea if they are ok but put out 8 slug traps within them to get the chancers hoping for as quick snack. :S
        The day that Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck ...

... is the day they make vacuum cleaners

Comment

Mine are grown in flexi plastic pots in cat litter trays and will not go in until they are 150 - 200mm (6" - 8") tall. grown through weed membrane with holes melted in
          Attached Files
          sigpic
          . .......Man Vs Slug
          Click Here for my Diary and Blog
          Nutters Club Member

Comment

Originally posted by Cadalot View Post
            Mine are grown in flexi plastic pots in cat litter trays and will not go in until they are 150 - 200mm (6" - 8") tall. grown through weed membrane with holes melted in
            Great use of cat litter trays, Cadalot!!! . Hmmm, got me thinking now ...

Have you used the growing through the weed suppressant membrane method before? What are the benefits for corn, please? (as I've yet to plant mine and might do the same if it's beneficial!)
            Last edited by SusieG; 25-05-2016, 05:26 AM.
            ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
            a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
            - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Martin H View Post
              My sweetcorn is looking really nice. I just hope it survives the really low temperatures forecast for the next 2 nights!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]64599[/ATTACH]
              Your sweet corn does look very healthy, MartinH. - as for temperatures, don't think they're going to be dangerously low, especially not in your neck of the woods...!
              ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
              a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
              - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

Originally posted by SusieG View Post
                Great use of cat litter trays, Cadalot!!! . Hmmm, got me thinking now ...

Have you used the growing through the weed suppressant membrane method before? What are the benefits for corn, please? (as I've yet to plant mine and might do the same if it's beneficial!)
                Cat Litter Trays come from the £1 shop, and I have been growing through weed membrane for three years as I just don't have the time to keep on top of the weeds. On one bed I erected a fox barrier as they pups played and wiped out a few, I was lucky I had a few reserves. If you are going to try it use a soldering Iron to cut the holes then they will not fray, I have a video on my diary and YouTube.
                Attached Files
                sigpic
                . .......Man Vs Slug
                Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                Nutters Club Member

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                Working...
                X