Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greenleaves '12 month allotment challenge' The new plan!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GL! Yeah must be "Mental"...........................

But must admit, ya licking that into shape pretty "Darn Quick"

Health issues alone! Don't overdo it Bud, It is all else an hobby not a necessity!

All the very best with it though!

Coming on "Leaps n Bounds"
    "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
      It is minor, I am having treatment for an eye problem and just have to watch increases in blood pressure which hard physical work can contribute to
      Aye, watch that BP lad..................

sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Wow BM that's really disturbing!!!!

Comment

It's given me the willys

Comment

Its not real SP.
            Its only GL wearing these

Attached Files

Comment

I am still suposed to be avoiding digging but done a little today....too warm to go mad so guessed it would be OK

Got this far and nipped off for a quick Cider

A quick Cider ended up being 3 so took the rest of the afternoon to complete

Attached Files
              Last edited by Greenleaves; 06-08-2016, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Very slow progress today....that slow a snail followed me all day

Reason for being so slow........couch grass

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Greenleaves View Post
                  Very slow progress today....that slow a snail followed me all day

[ATTACH=CONFIG]67645[/ATTACH]

Reason for being so slow........couch grass

[ATTACH=CONFIG]67646[/ATTACH]
                  Think I can just about make out that snail that was competing with you, GL.....!

Looks like it was hot,hard work (I understand the need for ciders!) .............
                  My DH said I was mad to be digging yesterday, on one of the sunniest, hottest days of the year ....... Just doesn't understand - back to work tomorrow and after all the previous hard work done throughout the week, I just had to 'get stuck in' ...... I'm sure you understand..??!!
                  Last edited by SusieG; 07-08-2016, 06:18 PM.
                  ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
                  a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
                  - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

wow GL you have done an amazing job so far..loving this ,i know only to well how hard it is ,as weve just taken on an allotment 2 weeks ago 120ft long grass above my waist grrr but thats gone now been turned over just weeding and weeding im sure its growing as quickly as im removing it lol loving the photos ,remember to rest in between all this hard work lol
                    If i have a thousand ideas and only one turns out good,i am satisfied.- Alfred Nobel

Comment

Total change of plan folks.....had an email from the council today, saying the plot next to me is now vacant. It is a total jungle But as it's next door, what can you do! Said yes please so someone will have a head start on the other plot!

Will post pics on my return from holiday
                      Last edited by Greenleaves; 26-08-2016, 11:57 AM.

Comment

^^^I think you are officially past the point of nuttiness

Comment

I cant type what the OH said, would have to ban myself. I will remodel my existing plot at the same time.....isnt that what winter is for.

Comment

As you know, whilst on holiday I recieved an email saying the plot next door to Area 51 was vacant and was I interested.

It made sense at the time to say yes and it still does but it means starting from stratch again

Still ever the optimist, my plan is to have it ready for full use by the spring. Three old plum trees are on the hit list as all the trunks are showing signs of canker and cast a shadow. The pictures are taken about 3mtrs from the back but the brambles are a little too dense to walk into. The plot is 6 x 25 mtrs and when added to mine will give me a plot 15 x 25 mtrs

Wish me luck.......i need it

Attached Files

Comment

Good luck, - you need it (as instructed)!
                              Is your plot the other side of the fence, GL?

Comment

That would be classed as a 'clean' plot on our allotments! Good luck, a couple of weeks and you'll have it licked into shape!
                                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X