No announcement yet.

Which Kale to Grow ?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Borecole Portuguese, Pentland Brig & Hungry Gap as a starter for 10 a third of a bed for each me thinks, just need to exterminate the ruddy slugs that have demolished my over wintered cabbage.
    Last edited by Cadalot; 19-05-2016, 07:57 AM.
    sigpic
    . .......Man Vs Slug
    Click Here for my Diary and Blog
    Nutters Club Member

Comment

Mmmmmm......
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Might be worth mentioning that all kales should be grown under netting at all times, or they will be stripped to the bone by caterpillars in summer, and pigeons in winter!
        He-Pep!

Comment

I've tried a few different kales but my favourite is Cavolo Nero plus it looks pretty in the garden.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Every time I read this thread title I want to reply ALL OF THEM!

Love Carole Nero and red Russian.

Comment

I just pricked out my Cavalo Nero seedlings into 9cm pots this morning!
              He-Pep!

Comment

I grew a few different types of Kale last year, reflex was probably the best growing plant for me, very strong grower indeed but we found we didnt like eating the curly leave varieties

Black magic was good, its a british version of tuscan kale, its tastes very much like springs greens to me.
                Last edited by maverick451; 19-05-2016, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Keep the suggestions coming, I'm sure I will want to try different varieties next year.
                  sigpic
                  . .......Man Vs Slug
                  Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                  Nutters Club Member

Comment

New ones i'm trying this year are Red Russian, Jagallo Nero and Thousand Head.

Tried and tested ones I'm growing this year are Cavolo Nero, Pentland Brig, Hungry Gap, Reflex.
                    He-Pep!

Comment

Oh, and my Daubenton's Green perennial are quickly turning into triffids, they've been potted on twice already...
                      He-Pep!

Comment

I'm growing curly scarlet and red russian at the moment for baby leaves over the summer. As we got shiny new cavolo nero seeds with the mag this month I'll be sowing those three shortly for overwintering. I was also hoping to grow vates blue, but absolutely none of the seeds have germinated from 3 batches!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X