Brussels

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
    Just do it, just fall in love (meaning go ahead anyway, and if your family has never tasted home-grown sprouts before, they're liable to change their minds and want more).
    TRUE until I grew them the kids only thought they were for Christmas they now love them so much that every roast dinner has to have Sprouts until they run out, as they inform me that my home grown taste better and for some reason don't have the windy side effects that shop bought ones do, even when growing "Revenge F1" and I'm guessing wind may be the reason it got it's name..
    Last edited by Cadalot; 13-05-2016, 06:13 AM.
    sigpic
    . .......Man Vs Slug
    Click Here for my Diary and Blog
    Nutters Club Member

Comment

Another 'late sower' here! Just sown some sprouts, packet says sow in April, only 2 weeks late, and I won't have room for them to be planted out on plot for a while anyway.

These are a red variety, look pretty!
      DottyR

Comment

Does anyone put a bamboo cane in with their sprouts to help stop wind rock?

Comment

Originally posted by Scoot View Post
          Steel Angles and or timber roof battens, bamboo canes are not man enough for the job
          sigpic
          . .......Man Vs Slug
          Click Here for my Diary and Blog
          Nutters Club Member

Comment

Originally posted by Scoot View Post
            I used some of DH's 2x2 wood from his pile in the garage,( only borrowing it of course ..!!) thumped down good 'n proper, then as the plants grow, loosely secure around plant and stake with some twine. Worked well for me!
            ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
            a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
            - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

I'll try that with mine then.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X