Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Self-watering growbag tray or chilligrow?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very risky I would say - the thing might split depending how brittle the plastic is.
    A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Originally posted by Penellype View Post
      Very risky I would say - the thing might split depending how brittle the plastic is.
      Hmm, I think you are right. What about the chilligrow with larger pots and the 47 litre tank, though?

Edit: maybe I will try one chilligrow and one hozelock tray on each side and see which is better.
      Last edited by Briony; 08-05-2016, 02:24 PM.

Comment

The top of the chiligrow has indentations where the pots sit, which would probably be too small for larger pots. It is also really quite narrow. I think your best bet would be to adapt the hozelock waterer for tomatoes. One possibility would be to get the one with the tray on top https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hozelock-28...zelock+planter and then leave out the spikes and use pots with mats fed into the reservoir below (as for the chiligrow). That way if you needed to move it you could. The 25l tank (I have one) is just like a small water butt, with the same sort of tap. The hozelock reservoir has an attachment for a hosepipe, so I suspect it wouldn't be too hard to set up a timer system on this. The only hazard would be if it got too full and overflowed, but that would be more likely with the smaller chiligrow reservoir.
        A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
        Working...
        X