Another Wintry Blast heading our way

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
    I was married 35 years ago on 24th April...in a blizzard!
    I was married 41 years ago on the 4th April. Went into church in the sun and came out to snow

Just take each day as it comes. I refuse to worry about something that may never happen

Comment

TBH I take anything in the papers with a HUGE pinch of salt - how can we possibly predict something like the weather?

I do have the Sky box set to record the more detailed daily weather forecast and this usually gives a more detailed breakdown of the next few days, what the Jet Stream is doing etc. All very fascinating and handy to know if a frost is expected
      If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

Just to set the record straight the article I read was a very well written science article, far too good to be in any of the papers, red top or otherwise. Please read the link I provided if you are interested.
        Death to all slugs!

Comment

Same here, meant to get a bit of snow next Thursday on the long term forecast, at a minimum I guess it will be bloody cold so Im umming and ahhing about planting some stuff at the weekend.

Its been a cold Spring, usually by this time I remember in the past having a few days if not a couple of weeks working outside just in shorts. Saying that about 3 Easters ago we even went skiing locally which was unheard of. This winter hasnt been too cold, just long.

Comment

The odds are getting worse I'm afraid

Posted Mon, 18 Apr 2016 20:10

A transition to much colder conditions this weekend seems to be almost certain. The cold spell may be notable for late April and possibly comparable to the one which occurred in 1981.
            Death to all slugs!

Comment

Snow in the sunshine ehhh ? EXCELLENT I can pratice power sliding on the scooter
              He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

I'm torn about the prospect of more cold weather. It's bad for the spuds in the ground, but I can get round that with some straw, easily enough. Everything else is still indoors that is vulnerable. On the plus side, I have a horse with sweet itch that is already suffering due to the midges, so a cold spell will be great for her!

Comment

OK who hypnotised the people at the Met Office - come on own up because even their long range forecast is..........'cold....rain......sleet.....snow.......'
                  I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Oh dear, guess my leggy toms are staying on the windowsill a bit longer.

Comment

I've just had a look ahead at our long-term weather forecast. Looks like my toms might be sleeping indoors till 2 May if not longer.

To be honest, I know I won't be very popular for saying this, but I wouldn't mind a bit of rain over summer...

Comment

Lumpy........

If youd have said..

Cold...Rain...Sleet...Sleet...Snow , id have guessed they were after a spot on come dancing or whatever its called

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                          I've just had a look ahead at our long-term weather forecast. Looks like my toms might be sleeping indoors till 2 May if not longer.

To be honest, I know I won't be very popular for saying this, but I wouldn't mind a bit of rain over summer...
                          Boo - hiss...

Balders
                          sigpic
                          1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

Grrr i was so hoping to move my toms into the greenhouse and my carrots in containers ,but no they will have to come back into dining room lol ( the new greenhouse atm ) ,still like my hubby always says nothing out before 21st may ..that line drives me nuts
                            If i have a thousand ideas and only one turns out good,i am satisfied.- Alfred Nobel

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post

I'm very happy for you to have Rain in Spain, just keep it there please

Comment

pah weather is weather. Its been here for billions of years and no doubt itll be here for another billion at least.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X