Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone intend to plant out this weekend?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got onions, shallots, garlic parsnips and carrots. -- already in the garden. Want to get spuds in but will wait another week, hopefully it will warm up a bit by then.

Comment

I was planning on putting out onion sets and garlic, also got some seed tapes, but unusually for me, I'm going to be patient ...

Weather here is pretty rubbish again, cold and wet with same forecast for the coming week - also cold overnight temps ...

So as Braveheart said: HOLD. HOLD. HOLD ......
      ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
      a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
      - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

Yesterday i managed to get the last of my onions in.
        This weekend i am starting the tomato plants, 2 very nice big long rows i am hoping for.
        I grow 70% for us and 30% for the snails, then the neighbours eats them

sigpic

Comment

Planting imminent! Many plants are ready to go - and after last year's wash-out August .... Looking to make an early start.
          Pain is still pain, suffering is still suffering, regardless of whoever, or whatever, is the victim.
          Everything is worthy of kindness.

http://thegentlebrethren.wordpress.com

Comment

I'm mainly working on the layout for my flower beds just now and ITCHING to plant stuff out....mostly hardy perennials which have been outside during days and back in tunnel at night....but I think I'll hold off as much as possible and just continue making beds and sowing seeds in the greenhouse

In two weeks' time we'll probably all be running around like headless chickens and saying there's not enough hours in the day to get everything planted out!
            If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

spuds and strawberries are out in all weathers (have fleece ready if necessary)
              Have sown carrots, lettuce, radish and spring onions in a tub that I can easily protect from low temperatures.
              Tomatoes, beans etc will have to hang on a bit
              Nannys make memories

Comment

2 rows of carrots in, Tendersweet and Rocket, half row of swede and half row of turnip. <-Going to stagger the croping a little.

Need to get a couple of herbs in the ground. also.

Other bits (seeds) will be in a week or two. Mainly because I have to complete the seperators for the rows of veg and that will take me a little time, especially with ths weather.

Comment

The weather forecast suggests that spring may start tomorrow down here, so I'll plant out some lettuces and beetroot in the baby tunnel and some turnips in open ground.
                  For us, it is still chilly as we keep getting cold flows of air from you lot up there
                  Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

Srawberry pot planted up last week and now I have a flowerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Go strawberry, go strawberry, go go go!

Oh and the broad bean plants (Robin Hood) went in this morning. Not the tiny ones but the 4-6 inchers
                    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

potatoes showing, beetroot, peas and onions growing away, waiting for the parsnips and carrots to show, with caulies in modules and peppers , tomatoes and melons sitting in large propagators waiting out the forecast "cold" weekend.......and we have lovely sunshine here today, now there's a surprise...

Comment

Bit on the chilly side for outside planting, so not a lot going on.
                        Took a chance and put the early spuds in, cos chits were getting sooo long and I've got toms and peppers doing the "inside outside hokey cokey"......but that's about all.

Pea sowing is well late this year but nothing to gain from putting them in cold soil to rot

Comment

well the weather held out long enough for me to get all but 3 of my potatoes in (ran out of MPC) and a good clean up of the garden. Cant wait to get started with everything else

Comment

Possibly put some spinach plants into raised beds at home later.. never grown it before but believe it's hardy enough!?
                            <*}}}>< Jonathan ><{{{*>

Comment

Originally posted by PyreneesPlot View Post
                              The weather forecast suggests that spring may start tomorrow down here, so I'll plant out some lettuces and beetroot in the baby tunnel and some turnips in open ground.
                              For us, it is still chilly as we keep getting cold flows of air from you lot up there
                              I have found that plants are tougher than we think, I sowed my lots nearly a month ago and most are now showing well,most of the tatties are pushing through quite fast and no fussing with them....so far

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X