No announcement yet.

Homemade seed mats

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great idea to get the kids involved, I would guess the easiest way is for them to get a sheet of kitchen roll, fold it in half, mark dots on half the sheet where the seeds are to go, place a drop of flour/water onto the dots, place the seed on top of the glue then fold the kitchen roll to seal............Don't forget to get them to write what's in the sheets...........................P.S If they wet the end of a pencil, it will make it easier to pick up the small seeds.
    Last edited by Bigmallly; 06-04-2016, 07:31 PM.
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Perfect! Thank you. That sounds like an excellent plan.

Comment

If they could handle it, some folk use toilet roll as it is twin sheeted so can be separated then re-joined.
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
        -----------------------------------------------------------
        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

They can even write their names on the MissC so no squabbles!
          http://goneplotterin.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

What if they stuck the seeds on in the shape of their initials. Then they could grow their names!

Comment

That's a great idea VC! If only I was teaching in my sunny homeland of the Rhondda Valley and not in Essex, then I could try to bribe you with cake to come and help...

I'm thinking maybe cress for growing edible letters and we'll do a few different types of radish on the seed sheets as a little experiment. No doubt chaos and carnage will ensue as soon as one sheet starts germinating faster than the others, then I'll hear the grumbly cries... "Miss, that's not fair! His tray has green bits! Mine doesn't!"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X