Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just bought a 125 ltr bag of Verve multi purpose compost ??whats people's thoughts

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does anyone manage to hump about a 125ltr bag of compost ?

.......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

^^^Tips: do it on a dry day so the bags are not saturated and the outside is all slippy. Also lay it across the trolley rather than in - as it is a bit of a nightmare to get out. Don't be embarrassed to ask a member of staff to help you load the car (some stores are better at helping than others). Oh and don't try doing it when you feel poorly

Failing all that work for a-hole managers for years where you get used to lifting heavy goods, have two toddlers (yet more lifting), be stubborn and give up on relying on others - then you tend to manage quite easily

Comment

Originally posted by Norfolkgrey View Post

Failing all that work for a-hole managers for years where you get used to lifting heavy goods, have two toddlers (yet more lifting), be stubborn and give up on relying on others - then you tend to manage quite easily
        I'm giggling away to this.
        .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

Comment

I try to get my OH to do it - not his favourite job... otherwise its sheer determination like NG!

Comment

...lay it across the trolley rather than in - as it is a bit of a nightmare to get out.....
            Does your local store not have the flat trolleys as well as the supermarket style ones? Much easier to slide a couple off the stack onto the flat trolley then also easier to manoeuvre into your car, then push onto the wheelbarrow and wheel across the plot. They are heavy and I wouldn't want to try and carry them any distance.
            Posted on an iPad so apologies for any randomly auto-corrected gobbledegook

Comment

Originally posted by spamvindaloo View Post
              Does your local store not have the flat trolleys as well as the supermarket style ones? Much easier to slide a couple off the stack onto the flat trolley then also easier to manoeuvre into your car, then push onto the wheelbarrow and wheel across the plot. They are heavy and I wouldn't want to try and carry them any distance.
              Yes they do . Shhhhhhhh! Don't tell anyone but........I actually put them in the trolley and lift them out

Edit: Yes I am rather butch (in behaviour not sexuality - really must remember the diversity of this forum)
              Last edited by Norfolkgrey; 01-04-2016, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Used it for the last five or so years after a bad experience with the stuff from W***ks (which killed about 20 tom plants) and have had no problems at all. Oh and my son or my son-in-law do the "Compost Run" for me
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Yes they do . Shhhhhhhh! Don't tell anyone but........I actually put them in the trolley and lift them out

Edit: Yes I am rather butch (in behaviour not sexuality - really must remember the diversity of this forum)
                  I used to do that NG - I'd call it determination - Himself used to say it was stupidity and sheer bloodymindedness (but as far as I'm concerned, needs must) It got the job done!
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Originally posted by KevinM67 View Post
                    How does anyone manage to hump about a 125ltr bag of compost ?

I am built on sturdy lines. Don't have a problem carting them about. Must be all the digging I do.
                    http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

I feel a bit wimpy now.

Here's me thinking that Hull was the 'hardy lass' capital of the country.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinM67 View Post
                        I feel a bit wimpy now.

Here's me thinking that Hull was the 'hardy lass' capital of the country.
                        Looks like NG and sparrow can definitely out muscle us blokes, makes you feel rather inadequate
                        Posted on an iPad so apologies for any randomly auto-corrected gobbledegook

Comment

Originally posted by spamvindaloo View Post
                          Looks like NG and sparrow can definitely out muscle us blokes, makes you feel rather inadequate
                          I'm at the plot at the moment, absolutely nithered - wearing a jacket, 2 jumpers, a scarf and a woolly bunnet.

It's Friday night - the gals in Hull will be jumping in taxis heading for town as I post, wearing mini-skirts and vest tops !!!

Comment

^^^Nah that is just stoopid! Why girls think being cold is attractive I will never understand

Comment

I... pay someone else to move it

Order it online and say very sweetly to the delivery person "Can I have it down there please?" false eyelashes usually help.
                              Forgive me for my pages of text.

Comment

^^^ I might try that.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X