No announcement yet.

Do You Record Your Plot?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As far as what goes in what bed, it's basically now sorted as everything just moves up a bed every year in my four year rotation so only tweaking now rather than full scale planning. Took a couple of years to sort but now easy.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I am very impressed with some of the plans and records.

I just have vague outlines and ideas, one part of the veg patch is 4 bed rotation and what gets sown is what I fancy when I go to the seed boxes. The other part of the veg patch is evolving all the time - usually when I gain plants and need to find homes . I am keeping a record at the moment of temperatures gh1, gh2, air, each of the hotbeds and ground. It is because it is my first time with hotbeds and what to keep a better track of what is going on.

Comment

Starting my plan this weekend.

I have measured my plot, its 44ft x 22ft.
        Does that mean I have 66 square feet of space?
        or is it 968?

Oh Lawd, I'm muddled already!
        http://goneplotterin.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

968 muddled
          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
          Endless wonder.

Comment

Thank you!
            http://goneplotterin.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by muddled View Post
              Starting my plan this weekend.

I have measured my plot, its 44ft x 22ft.
              Does that mean I have 66 square feet of space?
              or is it 968?

Oh Lawd, I'm muddled already!
              968 sq ft = 0.02222 of an acre..............just saying (to muddle you even more)

Comment

I keep a diary, to record what I plant, and a diary to remind me where the planting diary is, the problem I have, is that as I have been away most of the week, I dont know what I have done with them
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Aren't we all very organised? Love it Computer geeking and gardening all rolled into one.
                  Just think happy thoughts

Comment

I'm not at all organised
                    I write in a diary when I sow seeds in January, a bit less in February and by March/April I forget it.
                    My planting plan is..............Oh look there's a space, I'll bung it in there.
                    I'm OK with tomatoes and cukes because they go in a GH and brassicas go in the netted GH. After that, its random

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                      I'm not at all organised
                      If I wasn't at least reasonably organised then I'd be hungry and less healthy

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Quite organised. We've got a spreadsheet on the go. One of my steps equals a square. We need it otherwise we would get lost with crop rotation.

Attached Files

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X