Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trays to stand pots on

Hi

I am looking for some trays to stand my flower pots on, that i am using for my tomatoe and cucumber plants, has anyone came across any that are reasonable?

Thanks

Wilko gravel trays are £1 each, sometimes you can get small washing up bowls in the pound shops.

I often use discarded mushroom boxes lined with compost bag plastic, not pretty but they work and they're free

Comment

I was given some of the wooden crates that fruit come in free after I asked at the local market so I just put them inside large black bags and then stood pots inside the crates. The bags make them waterproof and ideal for bottom watering.
      I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Aldi had a set of 3 very cheap a few weeks ago but I don't know if they'll know have moved out of their cycle - I put mine on allsorts - pretty much anything thats flat

Otherwise what about saucers? They're generally pretty cheap in garden centres

Comment

thanks everyone i'll have a look

Comment

What size are the pots?

Comment

Go to the charity shops. You will pick up saucers, plates and all sorts of useful dishes to stand your plant pots in, and your money will be going to a good cause.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Where abouts are you geordie? Ive got a few here that was used for the tinder at work. Its got the capilary matting etc if you want them?
                If you want to view paradise
                Simply look around and view it.

Comment

Tin foil turkey baking trays I have seen used

I use grow bag trays and place the pots on the trays...
                  I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 4390evans View Post
                    Where abouts are you geordie? Ive got a few here that was used for the tinder at work. Its got the capilary matting etc if you want them?
                    hi really sorry for late reply overlooked the message, i managed to get some growbag trays :-) thanks again

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X