No announcement yet.

Globe Artichoke from seed

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How did your artichokes go? I'm trying to build up a good lot - got several from seed and got a few seedlings from garden centre - got them tucked up with straw and a bit of underlay wrapped around the stem so I'm hoping they go nuts come the spring! If they survive the Welsh winter..

Comment

Titchy tiny plants, but still alive. What are they supposed to do over the winter? They appear to have an almost bulb like base. Do they die back, then regrow?
      Garden Grower
      Twitter: @JacobMHowe

Comment

Mine generally semi die back.
        Another happy Nutter...

Comment

Winter update - some of mine have disappeared (dead? dormant? who knows!) and others are still flourishing.. the garden ones seem to have started growing again. I'm going to plant the seeds from the one head I managed to get last summer so I can have many many many plants..

Comment

Originally posted by jacob View Post
            Titchy tiny plants, but still alive. What are they supposed to do over the winter? They appear to have an almost bulb like base. Do they die back, then regrow?
            They die back and grow again when it's warmer.
            Bulb-like? Globe artichoke roots don't look like bulbs to me - you haven't confused them with Jerusalem artichokes have you?
            Last edited by Thelma Sanders; 08-01-2017, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
            Working...
            X