Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chillies - what are you growing/overwintering?

Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They look cracking muddy boots.....I have a small but healthy reaper and a sickly looking reaper they'd got missed in the trays I'm letting go this weekend.....along with a couple of others.....I've potted them into airpots to see how they go

Comment

• Originally posted by Ladyslip View Post
      They look cracking muddy boots.....I have a small but healthy reaper and a sickly looking reaper they'd got missed in the trays I'm letting go this weekend.....along with a couple of others.....I've potted them into airpots to see how they go
      What do you mean letting go ? A weekend away, sleep over at a friends......... Surely you don't mean the compost bin????!!!!!
      Wish I lived closer to everyone so I could start a rescue centre for unwanted chilli's

Comment

• Quick Bill & Ben update: spent the night out - again (these teenagers, what's a Mum supposed to do .....?!) covered in a nice warm Tesco 'jacket' (bag!) and after a thorough inspection this morning .......... given them a clean bill of health, and I've allowed them to play in the GH with their cousins..!
        ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
        a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
        - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
          What do you mean letting go ? A weekend away, sleep over at a friends......... Surely you don't mean the compost bin????!!!!!
          Wish I lived closer to everyone so I could start a rescue centre for unwanted chilli's
          Aaaah yes, SP, it's mighty heartbreaking to see these unwanted/unloved chillis being 'dumped' ....... brings a lump to the throat .....
          - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• LadySlips surplus chillies maybe going to another caring family

Still stunned at you lot. It took me 6weeks to name my kids..I'd be here for years trying to find names for my plants

Comment

• Oh by the way Scarlet - is it my imagination, or has something been done to improve the size of iPad/iPhone downloaded photos? I've looked at one or two, and one I posted, and they look bigger now!
              So, whatever you said to admin, thanks!!
              - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• Muddy boots
                they look strong and healthy and I'm glad Lemon Drop is ok.

Ladyslip
                you sure you don't live near me ..I could help you out with long sleep overs...lol

SusieG
                glad bill and ben are out of quarantine.

Small pumpkin
                any news on Trev?

well I went to a G/C and picked up a Apache with flowers all over it and a good size Jalapeno for £1 each.and some nice looking pots for free

Comment

• The Goronong yellow has just popped up....6 days in the heated propagator .

Comment

• Originally posted by Ms-T View Post
                    The Goronong yellow has just popped up....6 days in the heated propagator .
                    Woohoo!! lucky you Ms-T! And you did well buying those plants from GC - what a bargain ..!
                    - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• Originally posted by Ms-T View Post

Small pumpkin
                      any news on Trev?

well I went to a G/C and picked up a Apache with flowers all over it and a good size Jalapeno for £1 each.and some nice looking pots for free
                      Other half thinks it's leaf miner, but I'm not convinced.
                      As I've heard a vicious rumour that iPad pics are bigger I'll post photo again.

Is that any better?

Nice bargain on your G/C chilli's
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Photo doesn't look any bigger to me. Never mind it was worth a shot

Comment

• S/P
                          yes I think it is a bit bigger .
                          look on is at the leaves .theres two that might fit.

Chilli Pests & Problems

Comment

• I dunno if it's bigger but those grey blotches look like mould?

Comment

• Ms T ....we did live in Kent once upon a time ��

Scarlet.....you're absolutely right they are going to another home.....I'm hoping tomorrow I offered to post but he insists on the road trip.....and it's a long way but there are a lot of plants.

I'm happy to post long as the postage is covered

I struggle with composting perfectly healthy plants but always sow far too many seeds.....and am never organised enough to sell ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ladyslip View Post

I'm happy to post long as the postage is covered
                                If I had any space I would bite your hand off if I'm honest I have some chilli's & sweet peppers that should of gone in the compost ages ago. But instead I've turned it into a silly experiment ( that I already know the answer to). Leaving them in small pots in the cooler tunnel, with not much space between them and not much TLC.
                                I wonder what will happen?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X