Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chillies - what are you growing/overwintering?

Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you show us some pics Susie?

Quick pic of some of mine under my new growlight... note the intricate support system

I have others on window sills...
    Attached Files
    I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
      How big are the modules Susie? Did you sow one seed per module?
      Yes, Scarlet, sowed one seed per module .. Just standard size module trays. Going to try to get a picture up ...
      ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
      a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
      - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• My 'ancho' doing well on the left and a no-show for 'chocolate habanero' on the right ....
        Attached Files
        - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• SusieG, Habaneros (C. chinense species) generally need more heat and consistent temperatures than varieties like Ancho Poblano (C. Annuum species).

If you're lucky, your Choc Habs will just take a bit longer, but if they haven't had enough heat, you may need to start again.

They've now been in a month, so the odds are against, but not impossible, for them still germinating at this stage.

Comment

• Thanks Chris11 - I think you're right - don't think they're going to come to anything now ..
            Just a bit annoyed with myself as I sowed all the seeds in one go. Oh well, it's a learning curve!
            - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• Susie, did you particularly want Choc Habs, and where did your first seeds come from?
              It's not too late to try again, and maybe you could try seeds from a different source just in case the others were a duff batch?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chris11 View Post
                Susie, did you particularly want Choc Habs, and where did your first seeds come from?
                It's not too late to try again, and maybe you could try seeds from a different source just in case the others were a duff batch?
                Chriss11, I bought them late last year from seed parade ... The reason for the choc habs is that I really like the look of them, don't know how hot etc they are.
                I should do as you suggested, and buy some more if you think it's not too late to start again! Do you recommend anywhere in particular to buy from?
                - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• Susie, if you were only looking for one packet, I'd suggest

https://www.southdevonchillifarm.co....-chilli-seeds/

because they're unusual in not charging p&p. Unfortunately it looks like they're currently out of stock.

Others I'd suggest:

Habanero: Chocolate

Chocolate Habanero

Pepper, Chili Pepper 'Habanero Chocolate' Seeds

Seeds Peppers Chilli Habanero Chocolate

Enjoy

Comment

• Susie before you look at Chris's last link. Hide your credit card!! It's my favourite place for chilli seeds. There are lots and lots to choose from

Comment

• Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
                      Susie before you look at Chris's last link. Hide your credit card!! It's my favourite place for chilli seeds. There are lots and lots to choose from
                      Same risk warnings for the other suggestions too

That's why I thought of SDCF first, with free p&p. Elsewhere you're paying £1.50 to £2.00 for p&p, so you start looking at everything else to justify paying the p&p

Seems perfectly logical

Comment

• Thanks Chris and small pumpkin! ('though might not be thanking you once I've browsed all those darling chilli seeds!!!) must. not. go. mad. stop. spending!
                        - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• Originally posted by SusieG View Post
                          Thanks Chris and small pumpkin! ('though might not be thanking you once I've browsed all those darling chilli seeds!!!) must. not. go. mad. stop. spending!
                          Managed to spend only £4!!! I had to be strong....
                          Ordered south Devon chilli farm 'pretty purple' (hot) and 'twilight' (for now )
                          - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• But you would be looking at sowing at end of march/begining of april, so personally id think about buying a plant instead unless you are prepared to overwinter.
                            Any good chilli fests around your way Suzie ?

Comment

• Originally posted by SusieG View Post
                              Managed to spend only £4!!! I had to be strong....
                              Ordered south Devon chilli farm 'pretty purple' (hot) and 'twilight' (for now )
                              My chilli seeds arrived today! Super great speedy service! So guess what I'll be doing first thing tomorrow before I start my shift at work.....?
                              - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• Originally posted by jackarmy View Post
                                But you would be looking at sowing at end of march/begining of april, so personally id think about buying a plant instead unless you are prepared to overwinter.
                                Any good chilli fests around your way Suzie ?
                                Jack army, sorry for late response - going to start some of the new babies that arrived today, so fingers crossed! Don't know of any local chilli fests locally, will have to goggle it!
                                - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X