Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chillies - what are you growing/overwintering?

Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That looks good ,s/p how hot are they going to be?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ms-T View Post
      That looks good ,s/p how hot are they going to be?
      Only a mild chilli around 700 on the Scoville scale

Comment

• Nice for stuffing then roasting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          I love this plant! Royal black. Only about 2ft tall orjust over but it's really thick, leaves are gorgeous colour. It's a slow plant but I will grow this again. Ive got two and they are both a lovely shape.

Unless it's the pic Scarlet your Royal Black looks very different to mine.....wondering what I have now :-/

Comment

• Originally posted by Ladyslip View Post
            Unless it's the pic Scarlet your Royal Blakck looks very different to mine.....wondering what I have now :-/
            What does yours look like?
            Last edited by Scarlet; 02-09-2016, 07:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
              your chilli's are looking very nice scarlet

Had a bit of a shuffle round in the tunnel this afternoon so some of my chillis have a bit more space, air, light round them.
              that means I've managed to get a photo of my holy mole. i'm very impressed with him.

I've put my secateurs on the pot for scale, never grown such a big fat chilli

[ATTACH=CONFIG]68446[/ATTACH]
              Wow, they look great.

Comment

• Have any of you chilli lovers grown ghost chillies? I bought my husband a plant years ago and it never did anything other than grow a single leaf, lose the single leaf. Rinse and repeat. Until this year, when we bought a new property in Spain, and it has gone bonkers. It's gone from being a two-inch stalk to about 18 inches high, looking really healthy and flowering well. My problem is, the flowers never turn to fruit. I haven't had this problem with my other chilli plants, so was wondering if it needed any special care?

Comment

• Hand pollinate with your finger or a cotton wool bud or better still a small paintbrush.

Comment

• Just a bit of a piccy update. Sorry if I am boring anyone it was just my monthly trip out with the camera

Purple Tiger

Fatima - Sweet Pepper(all grown up)

Lilac - Sweet Pepper (for some reason beasties like the fruit on this one )

Joes Super Long

Little Elf
                    Attached Files

Comment

• They look fab N/G, your not boring anyone with those lovely photos.

Comment

• Yes...I love photos too! Those Lilac look interesting

Comment

• All looking great, NFG! -And you know we love piccies!!!!
                          ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
                          a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
                          - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• Originally posted by Ladyslip View Post
                            Unless it's the pic Scarlet your Royal Black looks very different to mine.....wondering what I have now :-/
                            Ladyslip, more photos of my royal black. I grew them from seed. A good supplier ...I will rememBER who in a bit! (The ones with coloured writing on brown envelopes)a Pennard plants!
                            The leaves are really dark purple, purple flowers, they turn almost white before dropping off. Chillies point upright before the weight drops them over. Bullet shaped Apple greeen fruits before turning black. Can you post some pics up as they are one of the varieties that ive been lucky enoughto save seed from?
                            Attached Files

Comment

• I think this is a nice chilli....I haven't tasted it yet but there's lots on the plant

Numex Sandia
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Scarlet; 02-09-2016, 08:27 PM.

Comment

• Scarlet......I'll take a pic today......mine is very upright with very dark foliage...as you say pretty purple flowers and masses of dark pods......must just have been the photo.....I wasn't doubting yours......I was doubting mine.....I hav another Kali something or other.....that I grew last year and def isn't what it says on the tin

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X