Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Edibles from the Crazy Plant Growers....

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The blackberry , I wonder if it will fruit this year....it doesnt say primocane or floricane
    Living off grid and growing my own food in Bulgaria.....

Comment

Och no!!!
      I want the fushia and blackberry. Next year maybe.
      My blog - http://carol-allotmentheaven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Ta for the idea NG - I was wondering if a 'normal' blackberry could go into a basket and then be used as the T&M one is.

Ummmmm!

Could one go into one of those upside down tomato planters? I have 2 of them in the shed - would give more root space..........Ummmmmm!

Off to the pound shop me thinks....................

SP - I'm sorry!

Everyone else - Thanks as normal
        Last edited by Lumpy; 30-01-2016, 05:59 AM.
        I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

VC has kindly just sent me some beefsteak varieties from the seed swap. I'm having a go with them this year. Never tried big uns before! Marigolds, grow wherever seed is randomly thrown. 20-odd pence a packet from lidl. Buy one pack and you've got them for life!
          You may say I'm a dreamer... But I'm not the only one...

I'm an official nutter - an official 'cropper' of a nutter! I am sooooo pleased to be a cropper! Hurrah!

Comment

I told myself and my wife that I'm not going to buy anymore seeds this season ,but I nearly failed this morning when I picked up my prepaid order from our potato day in Chesterfield ,it's very dificult there's so many shops selling all the lovely seeds that I need to try and now there's a £5000 prize for a tomato !
            I do wish they would sell seeds in packets of 1 .LOL it's help I need atb Dal.
            Last edited by Dalrimple; 31-01-2016, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumpy View Post
              Could one go into one of those upside down tomato planters? I have 2 of them in the shed - would give more root space..........Ummmmmm!
              Off topic but have you tried growing tomato's in those upside down tomato planters at all? and how did they come out? Always used to walk past them in T ... Hughes and have a laugh on if they actually work
              Visit my blog at: marksallotment20162017.wordpress.com

Comment

Sorry Mark I have no idea if they work as I just picked 2 up for a £1 when the shop was clearing it's garden stuff.

My original intention was to put a Q in them but I think watering could be a problem as too much would make the stem rot.
                I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

No, I wouldn't bother with these. Like others say, they are just Marigolds when all is said and done.
                  As for the giant tomato, personally, I don't think we have a climate that is warm enough, or long enough to produce a tomato of this size.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

I must admit Ive been tempted by the fushia berries, I got some today at my local garden centre they had them on 3 for £10 for good sized healthy looking plants in the varieties recommended by Mark Diacono and James Wong as being really good for flavour. I'll see how I get on with them.

Comment

I'm tempted by the blackberry as I'm currently in the market for one, and space is limited. However, free P&P no longer applies and I'm not sure I can justify £15 for what is essentially an experiment

Comment

I have found out that there is a dwarf variety called Little Black Prince that I am going to have an Oggle at to see if I can get one cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by Lumpy View Post
                          I have found out that there is a dwarf variety called Little Black Prince that I am going to have an Oggle at to see if I can get one cheaper.
                          Any tips welcome lumpy

Comment

Originally posted by vixylix View Post
                            I'm tempted by the blackberry as I'm currently in the market for one, and space is limited. However, free P&P no longer applies and I'm not sure I can justify £15 for what is essentially an experiment
                            Free P&P offer extended until midnight tonight!

Comment

Ah now you tell me VC! I was tempted to stick the code in and see what happened too, but then forgot all about it!

Comment

I told you yesterday!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X