No announcement yet.

Hanging Baskets and Toms

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a good size, the bigger the better for toms, one per basket. Just be prepared to water every day in the summer and maybe twice if it's really warm and the roots are big.

Comment

I failed massively with my tomatoes in baskets last year, there was just no way to keep up with the watering, so giving it a miss this year, well i am saying that now

Red alert is a lovely tomato, my first ones ready last year and on my must sow list

I do not dare write the list of tomatoes i am doing, i have so many packets and yesterday going through them i just canīt help myself, i think i have more varieties of tomato than Mr F!
      I grow 70% for us and 30% for the snails, then the neighbours eats them

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scoot View Post

By the way is "tumbler" just tumbling tom?
        No, they are distinct varieties. I've never tried Tumbling Tom, but I grow Tumbler every year as the yield is just incredible...

I'm also going to try Maskotka this year as they are supposed to taste better.
        Attached Files
        He-Pep!

Comment

Yeah i agree. I'll probably give Maskotka a go i think.
          Well i ordered the Maskotka just now. We'll see how they turn out this year.

Edit post as i never seen the above post in answer to me question about tumbling toms and tumblers lol

Thanks Bario.
          Last edited by Scoot; 11-01-2016, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Well i ordered the Maskotka just now. We'll see how they turn out this year.

Edit post as i never seen the above post in answer to me question about tumbling toms and tumblers lol

Thanks Bario.
            I grew 3x Maskotka tomato plants in the greenhouse last year and I was very impressed, they was well ahead of the other cherry tomatoes (vines) that I had a produced an good early crop of very sweet tomatoes - what was a unexpected bonus though was that towards the end of the season (well after the majority of tomatoes had been eaten from these plants) they decided to set a second round of flowers and I ended up with a bumper crop - they weren't as sweet as the first but a bonus all the same.

I will certainly be growing these again this year.

Comment

Here's a link to an old Telegraph article for anyone thinking about growing tomatoes in a basket...

Best tomatoes for hanging baskets - Telegraph
              He-Pep!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X