Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lisasbolt you have made me feel better with your mega chilli / sweet pepper sewing list!
    I will be growing 19 varieties of chilli when I start sowing. I don't even come close to your crazy numbers of sweet peppers though. Only 5 of those I think.

Comment

12 Peanuts, one per module.
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

SP - Lisa has the advantage of Spain's lovely weather for all those peppers!

Comment

Got started today on my Chilli sowing...
          Sowed some

Jalapeño
          Mucho Nacho
          Pasilla Bajio
          I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
          sigpic

Comment

So far this year I have sown lettuce Relic and spinach Reddy, both on 3rd Jan in pots indoors. The lettuce is not marketed as anything particularly fast growing, the spinach is "speedy veg", but so far it is the lettuce that has germinated and the spinach is yet to be seen. Both seed packets recommend starting sowing in March - these are for growing on as baby leaf salads in the grow light garden.
            Last edited by Penellype; 08-01-2016, 09:02 AM.
            A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Oh, no. My shed, ordered before Christmas, has not arrived yet, so the bikes are in the greenhouse and I can't get in to sow. I'll ring up today to find out when it's coming, and maybe put seeds in trays in my daughter's room next week, when she goes back to uni. I think there's cold weather coming, though, so maybe it's a blessing in disguise.

Comment

My sweet peas are up!

Now I'm in a dilemma, 'cos I intended putting them straight outside under cloches, but nice John Hammond says the weather is going to turn colder, and there may be snow.

But the house is too warm, they'll grow all leggy if I leave them indoors. shall I just risk it, I still have a few seeds left if they go toes up...
                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                Endless wonder.

Comment

I've never sown at this time so cannot advise. Mine were sown in October and are well through so they'll just have to rough it.
                  sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                  -----------------------------------------------------------
                  KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

I would get them outside under cloches rather than leave them in the warm. A cool, frost-free spot would be better, of course, but the cloches will keep the worst of the weather off.
                    My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                    Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Yesterday

Spring onion (Performer) , 2 lemmon drop chilli , 2 satans kiss chilli , 2 red habanero chilli and 2 facing heaven chilli . The rest of the chillis can wait for another three weeks or so.
                      Nice to just get something sewn

Comment

Not sown today, but preparation started... Brought some pots of compost into the propagator to start warming up, and started soaking my sweet pea seeds so hopefully will be making first sowing tomorrow!

It's our first season in the new garden, so I am really excited to make a start��

Comment

Aubergine Black Boring Beauty (first time of trying last year and got one, so trying harder this time), Alpine Strawberry (red and white, free with GYO Mag last year - never tried them before), Chilli Hot Scotch (a proven variety with me), all in prop on windowsill - and found out I have no leek seed so guess what I'm doing this afternoon?
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                            found out I have no leek seed so guess what I'm doing this afternoon?
                            Looking at the VSP? http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ml#post1318488

Comment

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                              Aubergine Black Boring Beauty (first time of trying last year and got one, so trying harder this time), Alpine Strawberry (red and white, free with GYO Mag last year - never tried them before), Chilli Hot Scotch (a proven variety with me), all in prop on windowsill - and found out I have no leek seed so guess what I'm doing this afternoon?
                              The alpine strawberries are lovely, especially the white ones.

Sowed some mustard green frills for microleaves.
                              A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Finally got my aubergine seeds in Mr stripy and black beauty, i have so many packs of black beauty, seems every year GYO gives away a pack of 150 seeds, not that i am complaining
                                I grow 70% for us and 30% for the snails, then the neighbours eats them

sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X