Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Snadge, I need to build a fence to partition the plot from the rest of the garden. Plus the dogs are getting too close to the pond for my liking. It's roughly 50ft long so 15 pallets should just about do it.
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Yesterday I had to be content with moving the lettuce seedlings from the propagator to the grow light garden as they were germinating. Spent much of the rest of the day watching a streak of blue sky hovering on the horizon, never getting any closer, while it rained all day. Solar generation 0.1kWh for the whole day - the worst ever.
      This morning it is still raining and the sliver of blue sky (currently pink with sunrise) is in exactly the same place.

I want to go in my garden dammit!
      A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Not a bad mornings work. Just need to stain it now.

Before:

After:

Attached Files
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post

Before:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]61331[/ATTACH]

After:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]61332[/ATTACH]
          Cut some holes in the bottom so the hedgehogs can get from garden to garden.

Comment

Finally the sun came out around lunchtime

Everywhere very wet, but managed to cut down some fern foliage and harvest some carrots.
            A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Originally posted by Scoot View Post
              Cut some holes in the bottom so the hedgehogs can get from garden to garden.
              There are plenty of gaps for them to get through Scoot.

Comment

Winter lettuce have germinated in the greenhouse. Moved the Monkey Nut plants out of the propagator onto the bedroom windowsill. Sprayed the brassicas in the greenhouse with soapy water because of greenfly. Got my seed order from Moreveg, which combined with the seeds I bought at Wilco's should be enough to keep me going for this year......ish.
                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Originally posted by Penellype View Post
                  I want to go in my garden dammit!
                  Oh I know THAT feeling well!!! I cannot wait to get stuck in with the new growing season.

But on the other hand....I still haven't sat down and worked out my new bed layout and what crops will go where So perhaps a few more weeks is the silver lining that will give me the breathing space to get organised
                  Last edited by Gillykat; 08-01-2016, 07:17 PM.
                  If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post

Before:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]61331[/ATTACH]

After:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]61332[/ATTACH]
                    Nice work BM! Don't them "Pallet Tops" Just make ease of fencing!

My Day! Seed sorting n cross referencing from previous years! Very theraputic

Gardening by candlelight! How romantic am I!
                    Attached Files
                    "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

Sorted out the stayput - well, a bit! Two of the shelves had collapsed so all the plants were on the floor, I have managed to salvage most of them, but I am fast coming to the conclusion that it needs to be replaced with something a bit more robust!
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Walked up and down like a caged tiger....for a change it was raining again!

Comment

Butchered....sorry pruned my pear tree and painted a couple of fence panels. I was really pleased with what I done until I done this post. Can't believe that was all I achieved Oh well better than nowt

Comment

Originally posted by Deano's "Diggin It" View Post
                            Nice work BM! Don't them "Pallet Tops" Just make ease of fencing!
                            I don't know pal, I used full pallets....................

Comment

Bent down and tied in the last of my pear and apple tree cordons. They are all now at about 20 degrees and the tops are no more than 3 foot high. I was worried at one point that the pressure I was putting on them would either snap them or catapult me into space! I pruned them back hard at the same time so it will be interesting to find out whether i get any fruit or not this season.!

I had a bit of a scrounge around the allotment and managed to find enough boards to use as edging for my sunken path within my polytunnel. I don't want to waste too much space on a path so it will only be about 15 to 18 inches wide............ or whatever width I can can find some kind of substrate at! Put the boards inside the polytunnel to dry out before cutting to length at a later date.
                              Checked my chrysanth stools and a few of them are probably ready for taking some more cuttings. The 5 cuttings i've already taken seem to be ok in a pot in the kitchen with a poly bag over them.
                              Back home I'm going to sort out from my seeds what needs sowing undercover next as the Monkey nuts are now out of the propagator. I think possibly Celariac and garlic chives next in the propagator?
                              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Great, the plot & pond are now in a contained area. I managed to catch an 'ours rain break so all pallets are in situ & secure with the exception of 2 (one on each side) which are temp in place as they are to be converted into gates. I can then finish staining it & grow some honeysuckle or similar up it. A total of 17 pallets were used.

Attached Files

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X