Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this suppose to be growing this time of year?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zelenina View Post
    My oca plants were still green and healthy up until about a week ago. They survived the first mild frost that killed off my beans and squash. But then we got several cold days and frosty nights in a row, so they are probably dead now. Today is warmer but it's raining so I didn't go out to look. I've read that they should be left for a few weeks after frost kills them because the tubers underground will swell up some more. Does anyone know from experience if that's right?
    Realseeds have just harvested theirs and posted this on their FB page

The Real Seed Collection
    Which varieties are you growing? We space quite widely - 18 inches between plants and 26 inches between each row. Then wait until around 10 days after the first frost to harvest - we aim to get them before the stalks have gone entirely, just because it's easier to dig.

Q - So is it time to dig them all up???

The Real Seed Collection Have you had a frost yet? Definitely need to wait until the tops have been hit by frost (as per above)
    No frost here yet My Oca are running free as I didn't dig them up last year.

Comment

Mad season.
      2 of my hellebores began flowering in sept/oct & I've now got a Kerria in bloom.
      Down in the local town by PC world one Sycamore in a row of 1/2 dozen has dropped it's leaves, had a nap, come back into flower & as of Christams eve burst into leaf again.
      I had a serious talk to it, warning of 'winter yet to come' but I don't think it was listening.
      Jane

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X