Easy pollinated corn.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy pollinated corn.

I finally managed to grow corn this year, I got cobs but it didnt split or fill out so the corn were unedible which I think was due to bad or lack of pollination. I only grew a few just to see what I would get but I have about 24 sq meters of space to grow some next year.

So I was wondering wht is the most reliable sweet corn varieties.

Hopefully pollination will be better with me being able to get more together and they will get the sun all day
    If you want to view paradise
    Simply look around and view it.

Lark work for me! I've tried Swift too, but found them less vigorous.
    He-Pep!

Comment

Earlibird is the best I've tried so far.
      Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

Ovation is the best & sweetest I've grown,had 12 plants this year,they freeze well too.

Comment

I've grown Double Standard for the past couple of years and not had any problems. It's supposed to be fairly tolerant of cooler Summers as well which is obviously a good thing for the UK.....
          Adventures in growing exciting and unusual edibles! https://modernvegplot.com/

Comment

all corn is easily pollinated. you need at min of 16 plant planted 4x4 block to get good pollination variety has very little to do with it. corn has other issue related to pollination which limits you to plant different maturities of varieties if want grow more then one corn variety. pollination of two different types of sweetcorn harm taste, tenderness and sweetness.

Comment

Originally posted by bario1 View Post
              Lark work for me! I've tried Swift too, but found them less vigorous.
              Do you grow them in a poly?

Comment

I grow lark outside without any problem, apart from one year when the earwigs ate the tassels before pollination.

I sow 3 per medium sized pot under cover and let them all grow, and plant them out in blocks. They don't seem to mind not being singles. The bed needs a lot of food and water tho.

Comment

Originally posted by clod View Post
                  I grow lark outside without any problem, apart from one year when the earwigs ate the tassels before pollination.

I sow 3 per medium sized pot under cover and let them all grow, and plant them out in blocks. They don't seem to mind not being singles. The bed needs a lot of food and water tho.
                  What do you feed them? Is there any base feed you put down?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X