No announcement yet.

Chance of a crop from late planted brassicas

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I'll eat my hat if you lot get a crop from an October sowing. All brassicas that I've overwintered for a Spring crop has been sown in Aug. I hope it does work for you though! Let us know how you do.

Comment

Thankyou! It will be interesting,there's a photo here of how the Brussels sprouts seedlings look this month #404.
      http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...lendar-51.html

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        Sprouts take forever to grow! Not my favourite thing to grow. BM grows them, perhaps he'll pop in and shed some light
        I do nowt special with growing Sprouts but as Scarlet says, they do seem to take forever to grow, I just sow them in Spring & leave them to get on with it. They are now around 3ft tall & are just starting to have pickable Sprouts at the bottom.
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
        -----------------------------------------------------------
        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Well this site says "if extra fine" (ie: miniature veg ) are desired, sow in August!

Classic British Brussel Sprout Evesham Special Seeds

I think pethaps from an October sowing you may get an August/September crop? That is, if they manage to get big enough to survive the winter frosts and don't bolt. Got my hat ready

Comment

I've been told they were packed yesterday and should be going out by courier or royal mail tomorrow. Sprouts and cauli cancelled. Seems odd I asked for a refund and all of a sudden they are being sent. Having searched more extensively online it looks as if I will be a lucky one if I get any money back. Complaints dating back to 2008!
            I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
            Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

A lesson to us all that we should do our research before we buy and not after we hit a problem with delivery. It's an awful way to treat a customer

Comment

I think most of us have been made a mistake with not reading through, i myself have done it many times and i am sure i will do it again.

Good luck
                I grow 70% for us and 30% for the snails, then the neighbours eats them

sigpic

Comment

Plants came today the reduced ones I bought for a £1 a tray at a local garden centre looked much better!
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by BarleySugar; 11-11-2015, 07:55 PM.
                  I could not live without a garden, it is my place to unwind and recover, to marvel at the power of all growing things, even weeds!
                  Now a little Shrinking Violet.

http://potagerplot.blogspot.com/

Comment

They're awful, Barleysugar I throw better ones that that in the compost bin.
                    Really sorry.

Comment

Oh, how could they even think of posting them out! That's so upsetting. I can't believe they've got the cheek to charge you money for those how much did the cost Barley

Comment

Complain & demand a refund BS.
                        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                        -------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                        -----------------------------------------------------------
                        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

When you complain give them a link to this thread!! Unless they do the decent thing and refund your money, there is absolutely no way that I would buy from them.

Comment

That is taking the p**s! I'd be livid!
                            He-Pep!

Comment

I cannot believe they have sent those out to you.
                              It is not worth wasting your time planting them, the stress on them alone wouldn't give you anything if you can even revive them.

Def sent them the link to this thread, there are a lot of people on here and word spreads quickly.
                              I would never buy from them
                              I grow 70% for us and 30% for the snails, then the neighbours eats them

sigpic

Comment

I would contact trading standards like previous customers a couple of years ago. They probably know of him. You have rights as a customer,good luck!!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X