Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will you do differently next season?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pea.

I need to grow peas up a ridged support not a bit of net.
    Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Always trust your own decisions.
      To have courage in my own convictions.
      Last edited by NatalieCooke; 01-11-2015, 09:18 PM.
      @thecluelessgardener

Comment

Well next year I will continue to do what I have always done apart from not planting/sowing anything that will not produce until after September. We intend to move during the Summer. So I will be trying to do things a bit earlier than normal. Potatoes will be going in in early March and banked straight away, mainly first and second earlies. I will also be using the "scatter everything" approach and see what comes up

Already saving time as I am not collecting leaves and I don't think I will worry about the stones in the ground.

Just hope that the new place will replace what I have.

I have already been trying to get cuttings going of various fruit plants (gooseberries, blackcurrant, bay and other herbs. The seed box is well stocked.

Any one any other ideas for planning a move?

Bill

Comment

I'm planning on moving next summer too Bill - I've had sleepless nights wondering how to get everything from A to B and am mostly relying on the timing working out right - so most things can be discarded or are already finished.

If not everything will be going in pots and somehow coming with me!

Comment

Vixylix

Phew so I am not the only one with sleepless nights!

Still wondering about the three composting bins and the largish selection of tools down on the allotment. Will need a pantechnicon for the furniture and an old van for all the gardening gear.

Hope things work out ok for you vixylix.

Bill

Comment

Thanks Bill - you too! I'm sure we'll both manage. Where there's a will there's a way!

Comment

Growing everything in raised beds with a larger space between them for safety,be strict on labeling,both in the little start of pots,pricking out and 1 final larger 1 for the raised bed,carrots grow better at home,know where things are before you start like a place for your tools/pots/nets and what ever,after aprox 8 years off the lotties,i am hopefull of things working out easier for me,
                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Hello,

I'm going to try to propagate my Daubenton's kale from cuttings(I'm not sure exactly how it's done) I bought 1 cutting early this year and it's now 3 foot high and 3 foot wide.

I shall also start eating my Ashitaba, I started them from seed this year, first lot I tried didn't germinate(probably my fault) second lot done well, I've ended up with 8 plants from 20 seeds, which I'm very pleased with, they're not that big yet(half are about 2 foot high the other half about 15 inches) so I thought it best to let them establish first.

I also hope to put some polythene back on my home made polytunnel, I've missed the tomatoes this year,

I've also ordered some blackberry reuben(primocane) I'm looking forward to seeing how they do,

Regards, Dave

Comment

Next year I'm going to space stuff out a bit more. I think that's been the cause of most of my non-successes this year: trying to cram too much stuff in.
                    My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                    Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Next season I'm going to attempt a lot more growing in pots and tubs etc. Grew way too many spring onions again and lettuce that no one would eat (a real waste). Stop growing courgette's as I'm the only one that ate them. Try full sized French Beans as the dwarf plants really failed this year.
                      The best laid schemes o' Mice an' Men gang aft agley

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X