Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you could ask for one gardening item for Christmas, what would it be?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A greenhouse for me please...nothing exciting just an everyday greenhouse, thank you in advance Santa!
    sigpic

Comment

I'd really love an arbour - somewhere beautiful to sit and read in the garden and also to grow climbing roses up. You can get them now with swinging seats which is even more appealing.
      LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

Hi Santa, can you pop one of those 'Grow-light gardens' in my stocking please? - that way I can sow my chillies on Boxing Day!
        He-Pep!

Comment

A shredder would be great. Save carting the hedge clippings to the tip every year. I could double my compost output, make mulch... (not sure it'll fit in the chimney though, behind the door is fine)

Comment

I would like to have a new propogater as the one i have at the moment doesn't doesn't have a thermostat.
            I would like a new automatic window opener as one of mine has stopped working.
            And, if Santa is being really generous maybe I could have a poly tunnel.
            I can only live in hape.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

A new pair of gloves, please. They need to be strong enough to resist the mightiest thorns, yet supple enough to pull the most stubborn weeds. Waterproof and warm in winter, yet cool, comfortable and breathable for the summer. And where the thumb and index finger do not wear out after only six months.

Failing that space and time to watch a cedar of Lebanon reach maturity.
              Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

I have had an expensive garden year and my birthday shed has just been put up

However, I have a few things left that Father Christmas could quite happily leave me. A 'pink suffolk' grapevine, a nectarine tree and some greenhouse whitening. Oh and some morrisons flower buckets (I don't have a Morrisons near me )

Edit: and much to VCs disgust - a kiwi or kiwiberry plant
                Last edited by Norfolkgrey; 01-10-2015, 02:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Norfolkgrey View Post
                  some greenhouse whitening.
                  Win dow lene Cream works as well & is kinder to your lungs when it's time to wipe off or as I do drape debris netting over the roof & sides, works a treat & can be used over again for several years
                  He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Originally posted by bramble View Post
                    I can only live in hape.
                    Are you wanting to live in Hope or Ape Bramble?.................
                    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                    -----------------------------------------------------------
                    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

You could wish for a Morrisons NG............
                      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                      -----------------------------------------------------------
                      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Not strictly gardening but I would like a weber BBQ, I love gardening and then having a nice bbq at the end of the day.

Comment

Not strictly gardening either but I would love an apple press/juicer. I have had so many apples this year that I don't know what to do with them
                          A garden is a lovesome thing, God wot! (Thomas Edward Brown)

Comment

Can I add some Morries buckets too? I have one near me but they won't sell me them?
                            sigpic

Comment

I'd like a hotbin to speed up the recycling of my garden waste. As my garden is small I resent having to spare room for a second compost bin when the first is full but not ready to use. All summer the second bin sits over the first, but come autumn I have to set it up on another patch of ground to hold the autumn clearance overflow.
                              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                              Endless wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by Norfolkgrey View Post
                                Oh and some morrisons flower buckets (I don't have a Morrisons near me )
                                Try Waitrose. Very nice man in a North London one gave me 30, and told me to come back when I wanted more.

I'd like a fruit cage please, 3m x 7m would be perfect, though to be honest anything would be great, even some metal poles and some netting so I could make it myself. My family get my aspirational seed list, so Christmas and birthdays are taken care of.

And an ad-free forum. If as members we're trying to help answer questions or drive magazine content it seems like a fair return. I'm sceptical about how many ads are clicked on in anything other than error.
                                Last edited by sparrow100; 01-10-2015, 05:59 PM. Reason: spelling
                                http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X