No announcement yet.

Apps for veg growing

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remembering to write stuff down is basically impossible with my ADHD.... And remembering all the stuff u read and when to do what or even where you read that info is nigh on impossible with the pain meds I'm on.

Let alone remembering what day week of month it is.
    My assistant told me its September yesterday! I genuinely thought we were in early August so I've lost a.month lol
    I need less work, more time on the garden and relaxing with my oh and puppy. MYbe the days wouldn't merge into one if I did more than constantly work
    newbie! Be gentle with me while I learn the basics of growing stuff
    Kirstie x

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
      What a horribly bleak outlook
      Not really - you just have to change your name from a gardener to a conservation professional or environment professional, and your risk drops to 2.4%

My current job has a 91% risk

Luckily I will be retired in 20 years time.
      Last edited by Penellype; 15-09-2015, 11:45 AM.
      A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Originally posted by Penellype View Post
        Not really - you just have to change your name from a gardener to a conservation professional or environment professional, and your risk drops to 2.4%

My current job has a 91% risk

Luckily I will be retired in 20 years time.
        I meant the whole concept of people even thinking of machines taking over - nothing like personal contact. My job was down at about 2% though so seems I have no way out

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
          I meant the whole concept of people even thinking of machines taking over - nothing like personal contact. My job was down at about 2% though so seems I have no way out
          What they don't mention is that there will always be a need for people to "switch it off and on again"

Comment

The library has wall to wall books on all gardening topics. Weather, soil type, sowing and growing times but at the end of the day you have to adapt it to your own area.
            Even the difference in sowing seeds differs so much from the tip of Scotland to the south of England.
            Add in the unrealiable weather and its as near as not a lottery.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KirstieSparkle View Post
              Remembering to write stuff down is basically impossible with my ADHD.... And remembering all the stuff u read and when to do what or even where you read that info is nigh on impossible with the pain meds I'm on.

Let alone remembering what day week of month it is.
              My assistant told me its September yesterday! I genuinely thought we were in early August so I've lost a.month lol
              I need less work, more time on the garden and relaxing with my oh and puppy. MYbe the days wouldn't merge into one if I did more than constantly work
              You have my sympathy - don't have ADHD but I do have work that can be a bit all-encompassing and my short-term memory is shot.

My slightly anorak-y shortcuts are: I do find setting up a monthly sowing plan at the beginning of the year helps a lot. Particularly in March-May when it seems like I am sowing ev-er-y-thing and I would otherwise forget to sow my winter crops! It also panders to my compulsive organising. I have an alphabetical list in my shed of crops by spacings - most things are 4, 6, or 12 inch spacings, and have marked a 4ft piece of wood (my bed width) at 2 inch intervals so I can just grab is and set it against the furrow.

After a (surprisingly short) while the info settles into a quiet corner of your head and you don't need the reference stuff so much.

Coming on here and seeing when others are sowing/planting out also helps a fair amount.
              http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

I TRIED to use an app called Momento. It's a diary really but I used it to record my gardening stuff. You can log in what you've done, take photos and upload, obviously put in planting spaces etc. also add reminders with repeats, every day, every month etc. I'm not a note taker and my interested lasted about two months, but I did go back and get hints and tips off those two months of planting and sowing I did the year before.
                Theres loads of apps that are similar that you can tailor to your needs, if you are prepared to input the data. Perhaps two apps used side by side may be the answer for you - one a planting and spacing guide like the veg planting guide by Mr F, which is free along side a diary app. There's several vegetable gardening apps. Look at the Pro versions on the App Store. Pro gardening has a journal and photo facility, set tasks and Reminders, ref guide on all plants. There's several that are similar, you just need to look at the one that suits you best.

Comment

Have just had a look at that. It's ok for basic crops, but the plant list seems fairly limited. Just on a quick scan through it doesn't give info on at least 5 things I grow as staples (and I thought fennel and tomatilloes were pretty mainstream) and the kale info is based entirely on your choice being cavolo nero.

Maybe it's a new app so not that populated?

The Growveg one has much more by way of plant listings.
                  http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X