No announcement yet.

Do I strip them now or later?

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ripped up all of my tom plants (all 4 of them) at the beginning of last week. Took some of the better trusses off and hung some up in the porch

The big toms were completely green but 2 of the small plums were hints of orange - now look at them. We have already eaten quite a few and a load went into soup.

The other way I decided to try and ripen them (otherwise green tom chutney was being mentioned - yuk!) was to shove them into a huge glass vase with a couple of orange ones.

No more paper bags, banana's and dark drawers for me this year!
    Attached Files
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoot View Post
      Why do people turn their tomato plants upside down to ripen the tomatoes?

And how do you do it? haha!
      The only logical reason that I can see is to fool the plants into thinking they are in Australia.
      photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Small Italian tomatoes can be uprooted, and hung up by their roots to slowly dry over a few months. They often last 'til January.
        Look at the notes under Principe Borghese seeds
        TOMATO PRINCIPE BORGHESE da Appendere or Eternal tomatoes

Comment

I stripped them all last weekend they seem to be ripening faster, but it could just be wishfully thinking. Made loads of soup and have frozen a load whole. Not my best year for toms but still worth doing
          Dogs have masters, cats have slaves, and horses are just wonderful

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X