Leeks bolted

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KevinM67 View Post
    I was a cocky tadger a couple of months ago about my leeks, they were doing great up to the middle of August.

Spending a few weeks visiting family in Ireland and Scotland - almost all have bolted when I returned.

Gutted.
    Thats the trouble with growing your own Kevin, you can never take your eye off the ball.
    Hving said that, theres always next season. Thats what keeps us all coming back year after year.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bramble View Post
      Thats the trouble with growing your own Kevin, you can never take your eye off the ball.
      Hving said that, theres always next season. Thats what keeps us all coming back year after year.
      To be honest - I think they bolted when I was in Ireland, Dublin, out the East coast way.

But, hey - don't you feel guilty about it.

.......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

A couple of my leeks had started to bolt when I looked the other day. Keeping a close eye on the others now. I'm not really sure what the cause may have been. I guess the grim summer? Lack of rain? Witches?

Comment

I was planning on digging up my bolted leeks tomorrow and throwing them on the compost heap - quite a few have rust, I presume this won't be a problem??
          .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X