Sweetcorn infestation

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, thanks, I hadn't thought of testing the colour of the fluid thanks

I've checked in the holes but can't find any sign of anything but there are droppings left on the leaves, likely by whatever it is, I'll save you the photo's of those haha!

The enclosure is around 7ft high and we leave it open at all times, it's open land behind them and gets high winds hence why we wanted to protect them during the pollination period. The sun coverage is about the same as it's in front of them but if you think they would benefit from taking them away I'll bow to all your expertise!

Any suggestions on increasing their healthiness aside from removing the cover? I feed them water every couple of days unless it has rained heavily and they have generic tomato feed once a week

Comment

Are they in pots or in the ground?

Comment

Hi, they are in the ground

Comment

If they're in a high wind area up north,the wind could take a plant down if the tents removed? They might have got used to the shelter & not be as hardy? One of my plants went slightly,I found it at a 45 degree angle,saved it with string. Too late to put bamboo in as it could spear through the root,I earthed it up a bit. Putting some extra soil at the base of your plants would help smother the weeds,who are fighting the corn for nutrients?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X