No announcement yet.

tomato plants.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is handy for what is considered tightly packed. Mine are quite close but when people say 'give the space' it's hard to know what that looks like when you're planting them. mine are all ev,y spaced amd some are overlapping the trusses like they're doing the conga and some have lots of room still between them.

Comment

It helps if you know which type of tomato youre planting in the first place. I usually google the name of the variety and that will usually tell you what height and width you can expect youre plant to grow.
      Apart from that it looks like you have a good crop of tomatoes.
      Just need the sunshine to do the rest.
      Best of luck.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Have over the past couple of winters looking to see what variety does best for what I want. Last year Ailsa Craig was the best. This year it is Shirley.
        It is of great comfort to know that help is here at the press of a button.
        Bob

Comment

Hi Bob,

The leaf curling on green healthy tomatoes is quite normal... its just something that some varieties do.

Your slightly yellow plant however..... I'd have a poke about the stem where it meets the compost and look for browning or rot... also have a good look at the stem in case something has had a nibble.
          Blogging at..... www.thecynicalgardener.wordpress.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
          Working...
          X